Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These have become pretty popular. I know, there are tons of different ones out there, but I've settled on the MAID. I'm trying to figure out if I need to pay the extra cash for the full kit over the basic. I know the full kit comes with two more front straps, one with an integrated trigger guard, but I don't know what the other one is used for. I've already installed my LPK and put that trigger guard on, so I don't think I need the integrated guard or is there an advantage?

Can someone please enligthen me. Thanks!

·
Registered
966 Posts
IMO if you don't want the trigger guard then get the cheaper kit. I bought the full kit because I didn't know which to get and didn't use any parts that don't come with the basic kit.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you need the trigger guard, get the full kit. If you don't, get the basic kit.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Never heard of the MAID grip :p

But I have heard of the Magpul MIAD :lol:

Yes, the enhanced Magpul trigger guard is leaps and bounds over the standard TG that came in your LPK. If you're happy with the regular TG, then just get the basic MIAD.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
+1 to what everyone else has said.

I have just the basic kit on a couple rifles with Magpul's aluminum enhanced trigger guard (bought when I couldn't get the full kit grip) and the triggerguard is worth having (on all my AR's now but an original SP1). Simply put...if you want the larger triggerguard, particularly if you hunt with your AR or use gloves while shooting it, get the full kit!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I bought the full MIAD set specifically because it was cheaper than buying the basic set + an aluminum enhanced trigger guard.

For my 2nd lower, I might get the basic and get the RRA winter trigger guard since it has even more room for a gloved finger than the Magpul one (plus I'm going to go tan on this furniture and it would look weird with a tan trigger guard).

The extra front strap in the full kit is for using the MIAD as a VFG.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I got the full because of the enhanced trigger guard. On my receiver, the empty area just above your middle finger had a sharp edge. The enhanced trigger guard filled it in.

·
Registered
902 Posts
seems many of the AR's I've been near have MIAD kits... makes for a nice setup, or so I've heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts