Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems every vendor has the magwells for the older stlye XD frame but not the new. I called Springfield and they are using Bar-Sto Magwells on the new XD frame for there custom work. These are CNC machined from billet aluminum and than black anodized, they are nice but not cheap at $55.00

Is it possible to take a Dremel tool and grind off the half moon just enough that the older style would fit? I think the dimensions are the same between the older vs new it's just the half moon/notch on the new :?: . If anyone can shed some light on this it sure would save a few $$. My hats off to the members of this forum, your knowledge and experiance on the XD's weighed/tilted the scale to make my Springfield purchases.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ajamesp51 said:
You can order the magwell direct from Barsto for both the new and old style.
Ajames, I wasn't looking at my guns when I submitted my question. The notch sticks out not the half moon. What I was trying to ask is that Pistol-Gear sells the plastic version of the magwell for the older style XD for only $21.00 and some change. The only magwell I know of that fits the new XD frame is from Barsto and it's $69.00 including shipping. Could you grind down that little notch on the new frame and the Plastic $21.00 magwell fit? This would save me close to $70 on both my guns and I like the plastic better than the aluminum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts