Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything wrong with 357 magnum Magtech ammo for target practice? It's factory loaded 158gr semi-jacketed soft point in nickel plated brass cases, these are the 250rd "shootin' size" pack. These are for sale on another site for $100 a box. Good buy or goodbye?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I've shot a bit of it with no problems. Seems like a decent price, I'd buy it.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Not sure about the .357, but I've had no issues with their .40S&W loads in the past. It's a known brand name, I'd go for it if that's a good price for .357.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Never tried it. Always wondered about it.

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The price is good that's for sure, he was asking $110 and dropped it to $100, has 4 boxes.

I got some AE 158 gr JSP for 59 cents a round and Gold Dot 158gr JHP for 89 cents a round both good prices but the LGS had old stock from another guy that closed his business and the prices were really based upon the cost a couple or few years ago ie no mark up, so I bought some of each but that's all gone now. For 44 cents a round heck that's about as cheap as 45 ACP.

I thought Magtech was Brazilian and not so good? That's why I asked.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
It's good for the money, Ive shot their 44mag ammo. After about 20-25rds im done lol.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Shot 500 round of 230 grain .45 acp FMJ without a catch. Would purchase again.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
The price is good that's for sure, he was asking $110 and dropped it to $100, has 4 boxes.

I got some AE 158 gr JSP for 59 cents a round and Gold Dot 158gr JHP for 89 cents a round both good prices but the LGS had old stock from another guy that closed his business and the prices were really based upon the cost a couple or few years ago ie no mark up, so I bought some of each but that's all gone now. For 44 cents a round heck that's about as cheap as 45 ACP.

I thought Magtech was Brazilian and not so good? That's why I asked.
It's Brazilian, yes...but I see no reason that indicates it is lower quality.

Most Springfield 1911's are BrazIlian... ;)

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure the ammo was good or not. Kinda like the Tulammo, some really hate it, some say being steel it can wear the extractor, I used to shoot it but I don't buy it anymore.

The Magtech sounds like it's good quality and a good deal. Thanks again!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I shot 9mm, .38, .357. .40 and .45. All good and reloadable.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've shot and reloaded a ton of the mag tech 45 ammo and had great luck. I believe those cases were straight brass and if memory serves stamped GFL/Fiocchi.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy their ammo.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've shot and reloaded a ton of the mag tech 45 ammo and had great luck. I believe those cases were straight brass and if memory serves stamped GFL/Fiocchi.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy their ammo.
Then what was Fiocchi stamped?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
4boxes for 100 is no great deal imo. The magtech 357 my bud just bought at the range no less was 25 a box. 25-27 a box is normal for it around here.

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4boxes for 100 is no great deal imo. The magtech 357 my bud just bought at the range no less was 25 a box. 25-27 a box is normal for it around here.
I agree, when I 1st posted it sounded good but then I started to check prices. He never dropped the price so I'm not buying if he does maybe I'll buy depending on where it goes to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts