Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't find an answer.
I need to buy 2-3 more magazines for my service .45 before Jan. Where is the best place to purchase?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Midway is good but usually more expensive. they usually ship the same day and are very reliable. Check them out for specials on mags every once in a while.

Cheaper than dirt is also good. Good prices, reasonable shipping cost and quick delivery.

Springfield Armory offers periodic sales and can drop the price by as much as 20%

·
Registered
117 Posts
I found mine at the Elmendorf Air Force BX (Probably not helpful)I have seen them in of all places Fred Meyers. Fred Meyers was where I ended up buying my XD .45c

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I'm really new with the XD .45 pistol sosss please bear with me. Who all makes magazines for this pistol anyway? Are we limited to stuff made in Croasia (misspelled?) or do others in THIS county make them also?

If manufactured in the USA, are others better than Springfield Armorys? Or...are SA mags made here also? I simply don't know. How much should we pay for the top of the line manufacture for a 13 rd. 45 mag?

Are aftermarket springs, followers and bases available? Can I upgrade my stock Springfield Armory XD mags? Do I need to? Sorry again; making the transition from the 1911 platform here. Thanks. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the suggestions.
I ordered thru Midway- $20.49 ea. with C&R discount. Says they come from Springfield factory. (Not sure if US or Croatian made).

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I called SA back in June about getting some spare parts they said it was a no go because all mags are assembled in Croatia. Springs, floor plates, bodies, and followers aren't stocked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts