Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who was been waiting on them, the OD Green and Foliage Green hand guards in the full rifle length have been released by Magpul. The black and FDE came out late last year, and most of the places I saw them listed at sold out pretty quick. Got my OD version on the way!

·
Registered
839 Posts
This a great product for those that do not want a quad rail or want to keep their ar light. I had a carbine length one and it fit like a glove. I bought my dad a full length one and it looks great. He's an "old school" ar guy and he even liked it. Lightweight, clean and smaller than the old balloon style...affordable too...they're great!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Magpul puts out great products...:)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just to balance it out. My MOE was always a little loose, the metal part that clamps on the bbl. came out of the sockets on the plastic half. It could be forced back in but I had to do that every time I reassembled it after cleaning the bbl.underneath.

I liked the look, it is light but IMHO, not very sturdy. Maybe the current crop is better but if you shoot alot and want something strong, it may not be the answer.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The MOE forend I had didn't last long on my rifle.

It scratched up my barrel, shifted around a lot, and was really poor quality. As noted the heat shields had a tendency to fall out once in awhile. Stay away if possible.

MOE PG on the other hand is a much improved MIAD. Instead of having parts always shifting around it's solid, but still not on par with much else out there. Only thing magpul seems to get right are their magazines and stocks. Also like the AFG fairly well, but I've never been a fan of forward grips.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The MOE forend I had didn't last long on my rifle.

It scratched up my barrel, shifted around a lot, and was really poor quality. As noted the heat shields had a tendency to fall out once in awhile. Stay away if possible.

MOE PG on the other hand is a much improved MIAD. Instead of having parts always shifting around it's solid, but still not on par with much else out there. Only thing magpul seems to get right are their magazines and stocks. Also like the AFG fairly well, but I've never been a fan of forward grips.
I have a moe pg on my 15-22 and a MIAD on my ar. I prefer the miss because of it's flexibility. I don't have any rattling issues. I also like their RVG, it's affordable, light and fits tighter than a drum...I have no complaints about that product either...

·
Registered
892 Posts
I just ordered the MOE in black for my Bushmaster from Primary Arms for $28. I thought it looked pretty nice, will have to see how it holds up.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have the Mid length, and I love it. It's locked up tight, no rattle or anything.

I like the look/feel and it works well for someone like me. I don't want anything on the front of my rifle really. If I do want to add something, I just put on a rail section and attach what I want, such as a flashlight (which is about the only thing I think I would add). I did think about an AFG, just not sure how that would look/feel.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have the Mid length, and I love it. It's locked up tight, no rattle or anything.

I like the look/feel and it works well for someone like me. I don't want anything on the front of my rifle really. If I do want to add something, I just put on a rail section and attach what I want, such as a flashlight (which is about the only thing I think I would add). I did think about an AFG, just not sure how that would look/feel.
I ordered the AFG also, wanted to get something different. Will have to let you know how I like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts