Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie..just got into ar15's...I have a Bushmaster xm15 e2s which is chambered in .223 and 5.56...looking at magpul pmags,why is there 2 types of pmags..one saying (mag magpul pmag 30 ar-15 .223) and the other saying(magpul industries pmag 5.56 nato ar15 m16 ,can i use both in my ar and is the magpul industries used in m16 as well..ist that the diffrence

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Are they at the same site or different sites? Could just be a different way of describing them...

About the only difference in PMags is some have windows that give you a estimate of how much ammo you have remains, and others don't. There are some minor differences between the first and second generation of Pmags, but not enough to get worked up over.

We won't talk about EMags.;)

Yes, a PMag should work in your rifle.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Cheaper than Dirt's product descriptions sometimes leave a little bit to be desired. FWIW, you can get brand new G.I. spec 30 round magazines, with Magpul Enhanced followers, from Bravo Company for about $9.00. Just as reliable as the Pmags - maybe more so - at considerably less.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Cheaper than Dirt's product descriptions sometimes leave a little bit to be desired. FWIW, you can get brand new G.I. spec 30 round magazines, with Magpul Enhanced followers, from Bravo Company for about $9.00. Just as reliable as the Pmags - maybe more so - at considerably less.
Blasphemy! Drink the Magpul Pmag kool aid and never look back.

·
Registered
895 Posts
all pmags are for 5.56 but equally fit the .223 because its basically the same dimension casing.

there are windowed mags showing rounds left in mag, or solid bodied.

i'm pretty sure all pmags now have the tension release cap included.

i am a big fan of all the magpul products.

·
Registered
261 Posts
all pmags are for 5.56 but equally fit the .223 because its basically the same dimension casing.

there are windowed mags showing rounds left in mag, or solid bodied.

i'm pretty sure all pmags now have the tension release cap included.

i am a big fan of all the magpul products.
I have a couple of the the PMags. Pretty nice. Feeds smoothly, nice the cover too. Only thing that is a minor issue, is that they are not as easy to load as the Tapco's are. It seems the top is designed a little different and so you have to "adjust" the previous round a little cuz the bullet tip catches a little when loading. Tapco's...no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Love the PMags.

·
Read Only
720 Posts
I have a couple of the the PMags. Pretty nice. Feeds smoothly, nice the cover too. Only thing that is a minor issue, is that they are not as easy to load as the Tapco's are. It seems the top is designed a little different and so you have to "adjust" the previous round a little cuz the bullet tip catches a little when loading. Tapco's...no problems at all.
Tapco's are dirt. The feed lips fail after leving them loaded for more than a week. Bounce them around in your bag once or twice and have a grab bag of loose shells. I used to love them, I sold 6 of them for 20 bucks. I was glad to get rid of them.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Use this and forget about it!:D

LULA Mag Loader Unloader AR-15 223 Remington 5.56mm NATO

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just ordered and recieved 3 pmags from cheaper than dirt only problem(not with the mags and not a huge deal) is instead of getting the 2 dark earth and one black i got 2 dark earth and an od green but i had heard that happens with cheaper than dirt from time to time

·
Registered
261 Posts
Love the PMags. I figured out I was just loading them wrong compared to the Tapcos, LOL. Being relatively new to ARs, I was attempting to load the mags like I would my XD. Guess I didn't need to do that. Just load them from the top down, don't try to "slide" the round in.

The Tapco's are just sitting on my shelf now, with the PMags in my case ready to go at any time.

·
Registered
768 Posts
lol i just bought 7 of the pmags your talking about and there is no difference between the two except for the window. the .223 and 5.56 difference is that 5.56 has a slightly thicker brass case because they have a heavier powder load so they will have a higher gas output. that is the only difference. remember you can go from a 5.56 chambered weapon and shoot both, but .223 can only shoot .223.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.