Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a little section of rail to the forend (Magpul) of my 870. The reason I want to add this would be for a angled or vertical hand grip underneath. Still undecided on which one but I like the stubby vertical ones allot.

I will probably add it to the middle if not the back end nearest to me So I'm not sure I'll need a full length piece. I guess I'm just tossing this out to all you Shotgun gurus to see what you think. Does anyone have a similar setup and if so can you post up some pics? Also, I would love to hear some pros and cons to either grip. I don't even care if you hate on these type upgrades, let it fly so I can think this all over... and over... and over. :confused::confused:

Ready... GO!

·
Banned
0 Posts
I put a rail on my stock 870 hand guard. I dremeled and filed down a slot in the hand guard and epoxied it in. It has held strong ever since.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn Carl, That thing is the ****! How do lilt the Rhino Rail unit? It looks amazing.

How about the angles grip? Does it make racking easier?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Damn Carl, That thing is the ****! How do lilt the Rhino Rail unit? It looks amazing.

How about the angles grip? Does it make racking easier?
Thanks, I had fun putting it together. The rail is from black aces tactical. The buttstock is ati, and I just had to massage the side saddle a little to make it work. It is fun to shoot, however I don't shoot it much and I am debating its future because I have a ksg now. Which I use the angled grip on and it does make racking more comfortable. I have also been debating buying the ksg angled grip. Ignore the cheaper than dirt logo.

I think it may fit on my kriss vector.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty slick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts