Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the front holes to line up so that I can insert the screw. I hammered the rear roll pin in and then couldn't get the front screw in. Its ever so slightly offcenter...just enough that the screw won't go in. Am I supposed to install the screw first somehow and then the roll pin?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I got the MIAD deluxe package, which came with the front strap that had the enhanced trigger guard. It was a tad bit off of the trigger guard hole, so I just pushed it up a little bit to line up, and screwed it in. That polymer stuff isn't going to break from a little bit of strain.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think I did it in the reverse order. Not sure it matters though, it should fit either way. Mine dropped right in.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I installed one once that the hole didn't line up with too well. I was able to get the screw in there kind of at a slight angle, but the OEM trigger guard didn't have that problem, so it had to be the magpul trigger guard.

I've installed 2 MTG's since, and neither had that problem, but it did happen to me once before also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am having the same problem with the same part. :evil:

I picked up the magpul trigger guard yesterday because the DPMS parts kit had a roll pin that was way too small too install it.

I like the larger trigger guard anyway, so I bought a new one.

The pin went in fine, but the screw is way off. The trigger guard needs to go up into the reciever more, but it won't.

I can see the screw marks on it (trigger guard) and it is probably close to 1/16 off. I don't see this thing working for me....

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
If worse comes to worse, you can always drill the trigger guard roll pin hole larger.

The ears on the lower will still keep the roll pin in place while the oversized hole will allow the trigger guard to move forward enough to install the screw.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
if its possibly a magpul problem, do you think I could call them up about it and try to exchange it for another one? Anybody know how their customer service is?

I might take it to a buddy of mine this week and see if he can help me out with it. He's a lot more gunsmithing-inclined than I am and has a lot of tools needed for the job (he actually said he'd help walk me through the rest of the lower build process too since I've never done any of my own gunsmithing before). If he can't get it installed, then I might try calling up magpul...:-?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Try reversing the install.

I can't say why, but it's a lot easier to install the screw first, and then the roll pin. I've done two, with no problems, whatsoever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts