Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my B.A.D. Lever for quite some time now and I absolutely love it. But here lately it keeps coming loose. Its not insanely loose like wobbling but it does have some left to right play in her. I don't understand why. I tightened it back up and it was fine then I just went to go check it out and once again there is side to side play. Has anyone else experienced this little-big problem? I am considering putting a drop of loc-tite on it or some small amount of some type of thread lock. Do you think this will solve it, its driving me nuts, I don't like loose parts on my weapons, I believe anyone can agree with that. Any suggestions ladies and gentlemen? It is one of my favorite upgrades and it kills me to see it not 100%, Thanks...

-Peter

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
A new screw needed maybe? Loctite would certainly solve the problem. Mine hasnt had any issues; I love the damn thing.

ps - your signature is SO true, haha

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A new screw needed maybe? Loctite would certainly solve the problem. Mine hasnt had any issues; I love the damn thing.

ps - your signature is SO true, haha
HAHA thanks, and yes its insanely true, I hate those four little words. I have about 50 allan wrenches and none fit the damn thing and I don;t have the one that came with it, I left it in my spare parts kit back in storage (awesome huh), so when I get to it, I will check the screw, I don't see how it can be stripped though, its only been installed, never removed but hey it coulda happened that one time right... After I check the screw and it is in good condition I will loc-tite it and torque her down nice, but not overdone. Then If that doesn't work I am buying a new one because I just love the thing too damn much. One of the best buys I ever made... well besides Wolf floor liners for my Jeep I used to have. They really save your carpet man, They are custom molded and have a 1.5" or so side wall all the way around, you could spill a whole 2 liter soda and just pick the mat up and pour it out the door and hose her off later! So the B.A.D. Lever and Wolf floor liners are two amazing products I recommend Sir! haha Wow random rant day!

·
Registered
334 Posts
HAHA thanks, and yes its insanely true, I hate those four little words. I have about 50 allan wrenches and none fit the damn thing and I don;t have the one that came with it, I left it in my spare parts kit back in storage (awesome huh), so when I get to it, I will check the screw, I don't see how it can be stripped though, its only been installed, never removed but hey it coulda happened that one time right... After I check the screw and it is in good condition I will loc-tite it and torque her down nice, but not overdone. Then If that doesn't work I am buying a new one because I just love the thing too damn much. One of the best buys I ever made... well besides Wolf floor liners for my Jeep I used to have. They really save your carpet man, They are custom molded and have a 1.5" or so side wall all the way around, you could spill a whole 2 liter soda and just pick the mat up and pour it out the door and hose her off later! So the B.A.D. Lever and Wolf floor liners are two amazing products I recommend Sir! haha Wow random rant day!
Lol. good luck with your BAD. no problems with mine so far.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ jeepnuts311, Yea I must have a rotten screw. I will get to the bottom of it. It is very aggravating to have one of your favorite accessories to crap out on you ya know... Thanks tho, hopefully Ol' Lana will be back to 100% soon!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'd contact Magpul...they seem like the type of company to take care of their own problems.

With that said, my BAD works flawlessly and has held tight after 100's of uses (probably pushing 1000 at this point). I'll say it is one hell of a design, what a great little addition to an AR...

·
Registered
334 Posts
@ jeepnuts311, Yea I must have a rotten screw. I will get to the bottom of it. It is very aggravating to have one of your favorite accessories to crap out on you ya know... Thanks tho, hopefully Ol' Lana will be back to 100% soon!
If you take the lower and upper apart and let the hammer down, it will hold the bolt catch tight this way you can test to see if your bolt catch is wobbly or your BAD. my BAD is rock solid but my bolt catch isnt.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd contact Magpul...they seem like the type of company to take care of their own problems.

With that said, my BAD works flawlessly and has held tight after 100's of uses (probably pushing 1000 at this point). I'll say it is one hell of a design, what a great little addition to an AR...
Yea If I find that there is a flaw I will shoot them an email, It should be something I can fix myself Im sure, and yes it is one of the best additions I have made. It is one of the best products ever designed, thats for sure.

If you take the lower and upper apart and let the hammer down, it will hold the bolt catch tight this way you can test to see if your bolt catch is wobbly or your BAD. my BAD is rock solid but my bolt catch isnt.

-Tim
Well its not the bolt catch/release, I am holding the still and moving the BAD lever around a little so I know its the Lever. You can see the thing move so its got to be the screw or the screw hole itself. Thanks brother

It's a torx not an allen, and yes, loctite it. ;)
I know its torx/star screw, but my kit came with an allan wrench that fits it nicely, I just don't have it handy and the 50+ allan wrenches I do have don't friggin fit! I will loctite it though

+1 little dab of blue loctite!!
A little bit goes a long way thats for sure!

·
Registered
180 Posts

No problems here......on for a year....blue loc-tite on the threads.

I did have to use a different torx screw setup (detachable in a screw driver format) from a "real" tool kit. The provided angle one does not give enough leverage.....

·
Registered
744 Posts
I swabbed my paddle with alcohol, and also did the same to the gripping surfaces of the BAD lever. Then I applied a fair amount of blue loctite to every single surface that contacts the paddle, as well as the junction between the 2 badlever pieces.

Seems rock solid to me.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay my screw is in there tight as hell and it still has a bit of play, what should i do, talk to Magpul or just buy a new one, they arent that expensive. I am going to try Magpul first

·
Registered
180 Posts
okay my screw is in there tight as hell and it still has a bit of play, what should i do, talk to Magpul or just buy a new one, they arent that expensive. I am going to try Magpul first

Are you sure the play is not in the actual bolt catch? Mine is tight but there is play on the catch itself. Functioning 100%

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you sure the play is not in the actual bolt catch? Mine is tight but there is play on the catch itself. Functioning 100%
Yes positive, I am holding the catch still and it is moving, you can see the space next to the screw get smaller and bigger, its the lever thats moving, I sent Magpul an email, I am waiting on a response, who knows they might send me a new one

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No problems here......on for a year....blue loc-tite on the threads.

I did have to use a different torx screw setup (detachable in a screw driver format) from a "real" tool kit. The provided angle one does not give enough leverage.....
By the way, you have the same B.A.D. A.S.S. ambi safety selector I want, How do you like it so far?

·
Registered
180 Posts
By the way, you have the same B.A.D. A.S.S. ambi safety selector I want, How do you like it so far?
Give Roger Wang ( [email protected] ) a call.....what a great guy. Two friends out here bought them as well after they saw mine.....I did the installs for them. Tell him Mark sent cha....haaaaa!

Love it man.....I tried many configs before staying with what I stayed with.

I went fat standard on norm side (as pictured in the above post) and fat shorty on the ejection side (pictured below). Tried the thin long and thin short but not enough surface area for me to grip with index knuckle. Plus, the longer ones (at least for me) were in the way while on the pistol grip.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
If it is coming lose after you tighten it down, like someone else already stated it seems that the screw was cross threaded (which is not hard to do). If you remove the screw and the threads look fine I would add some blue Loctite, again as many have already mentioned, and let it sit for 24 hours before I use the rifle.

I have had mine for about 2 years and no issues yet! Hope you get it solved...

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't even think of this, its so simple... Here is the email:

Peter –

Thanks for contacting us. Sometimes, due to very small dimensional variances, there can be that small bit of play. An at-home remedy that works quite well is to take a small bit of Teflon tape, put it over the bolt catch, and then put the BAD Lever back on.

Have a great day, and let us know if there’s anything we can do for you in the future!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts