Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
That looks AWESOME!!

I love the line "Everyone take off your scopes and pass them to the right."

That HAD to mess with the people on the range.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Looks pretty sweet..... Probably going to have to pick this up

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The Magpul DVD series is the best shooting instructional DVD I've watched and is highly recommended (& is much better than Thunder Ranch IMHO).

I have the Art of Tactical Carbine Vol I and II and the Dynamic Handgun. Only problem is it is too long, I haven't finished watching it yet. :(

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Great......another DVD I'm gonna have to get :)

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
That is so cool. :)

I'm definitely gonna pick that up. My plan is to get into precision rifle some time next year or the year after (I'm a new shooter, just started this past November - I'm currently handgun and shotgun, and just beginning to get into carbine), starting with friends and regional Appleseed clinics.

As with the members who've posted above, I also have great respect for the Magpul instructional DVDs. Some of my local instructors and fellow students poke good-natured fun at me, calling me "YouTube Tactical." as I often reply to their comments of "where did you learn that?" with the answer of "Magpul DVD!" They are good-natured in their teasing because I'd done it right, and it did come from my study of the DVDs. (OK, I confess, even as Mall-Ninja as I am, I don't think I'll ever get the Aerial Platform DVD set :lol: - the chances of my fat butt getting into a helicopter and shooting from it is pretty much as nil as it can possibly get :lol: !)

I don't think that you can replace live learning - but I think that the Magpul DVDs are an awesome resource, an excellent learning tool.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
That is so cool. :)

I'm definitely gonna pick that up. My plan is to get into precision rifle some time next year or the year after (I'm a new shooter, just started this past November - I'm currently handgun and shotgun, and just beginning to get into carbine), starting with friends and regional Appleseed clinics.

As with the members who've posted above, I also have great respect for the Magpul instructional DVDs. Some of my local instructors and fellow students poke good-natured fun at me, calling me "YouTube Tactical." as I often reply to their comments of "where did you learn that?" with the answer of "Magpul DVD!" They are good-natured in their teasing because I'd done it right, and it did come from my study of the DVDs. (OK, I confess, even as Mall-Ninja as I am, I don't think I'll ever get the Aerial Platform DVD set :lol: - the chances of my fat butt getting into a helicopter and shooting from it is pretty much as nil as it can possibly get :lol: !)

I don't think that you can replace live learning - but I think that the Magpul DVDs are an awesome resource, an excellent learning tool.
Same here with precision shooting! I took my AR out last friday in almost a year and really had fun trying to get small groups. I just put a Rem 700 SPS-Tac in .308 on layaway before I even saw this thread. Coincidence? :shock:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I dont pump a shotgun to scare someone, I pump a shotgun to shoot someone. One of the most epic lines from the shotgun DVD
Agreed!

I have both the Handgun & Shotgun ones. I've seen the carbine ones too.

Best instructional DVDs I've seen

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Same here with precision shooting! I took my AR out last friday in almost a year and really had fun trying to get small groups. I just put a Rem 700 SPS-Tac in .308 on layaway before I even saw this thread. Coincidence? :shock:
Sweet!!!! :cool:

----

I dont pump a shotgun to scare someone, I pump a shotgun to shoot someone. One of the most epic lines from the shotgun DVD
Epic indeed, but definitely sound advice.

I don't necessarily agree with everything Magpul says - and I think that it's a sign of a good school that they don't insist that their way is the best or only way - but that's definitely one of the things that I agree with them about.

For me, foreplay for the BG is me shouldering my 870. If I pump (given how I lock/store the firearm), that means that the BG is going to be facing something very unpleasant coming out of the muzzle. :p

When this new set comes out, I just might have to call off of work that day. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Hey, it's only $750 and 300 rounds of match ammo to take the 3 day course with them. Though I think I'll stick with the video

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
^ I'm getting out there, some time in the next couple of years. :)

My family-life currently makes most away-classes impossible, but starting next year, I hope to finally branch out from my local-area to classes that are more "regional" (i.e. in another part of the state or neighboring states), and may be even two-day (one day away, and home the following night). Maybe the year after, when my daughter is just a little older, I'll be able to do some travel classes.

Having spoken with people who've taken their classes, everyone says that it's worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
^ I'm getting out there, some time in the next couple of years. :)

My family-life currently makes most away-classes impossible, but starting next year, I hope to finally branch out from my local-area to classes that are more "regional" (i.e. in another part of the state or neighboring states), and may be even two-day (one day away, and home the following night). Maybe the year after, when my daughter is just a little older, I'll be able to do some travel classes.

Having spoken with people who've taken their classes, everyone says that it's worth every penny.

I'm really interested in their dynamic shooter first aid courses, then the art of the shotgun and the art of The precision rifle. all this after i become a millionaire of course:(

seriously though, those courses look awesome

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Cool. I generally skip DVD-based training, but for this one I think I'll make an exception. Good post.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wow that would be fun to go learn. Pass your scopes!! haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts