Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my spikes middy but I want a new stock and the CTR seems to be popular and well liked and isn't stupid expensive...I currently have the stock spikes originally put on and my question is can I just buy the stock alone or do I need a new buffer tube and what not?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Spike's uses a milspec buffer tube. I'm assuming your stock is a 6 position collapsable since I haven't seen a fixed stock from Spikes. Any mil-spec stock will work including the CTR.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Spike's uses a milspec buffer tube. I'm assuming your stock is a 6 position collapsable since I haven't seen a fixed stock from Spikes. Any mil-spec stock will work including the CTR.
Just make sure you buy a milspec CTR...not a commercial.;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Love my spikes middy but I want a new stock and the CTR seems to be popular and well liked and isn't stupid expensive...I currently have the stock spikes originally put on and my question is can I just buy the stock alone or do I need a new buffer tube and what not?
I have a CTR and its nice and all but they just don't have anything on the SOPMOD stock. If you really want the CTR though yes all you need is the stock. You dont have to change the buffer tube. Just make sure you get which version mates to your buffer tube. They make mil spec and commercial versions of the CTR stock.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have the same set-up you're looking at, Mil-Spec tube + Mil-Spec CTR...

I also added the enhanced buttpad. Now if they'd just ship my upper!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
The extra features of the ctr don't warrant the extra cost over the MOE. The MOE fits just as tight, IMO.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
IMO the CTR isnt worth it over the MOE, I would rather go to the ACS for a little more. Much different than an MOE with nice cheek support

·
Registered
760 Posts
The extra features of the ctr don't warrant the extra cost over the MOE. The MOE fits just as tight, IMO.

-Tim
Unless your sling requires a QD mount.

Also, not every receiver extension is created equal. Some are looser than others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts