Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to add a Bipod for my AR-15 rifle I already have a MS4 Dual QD Sling GEN2. I have a couple of options Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD which doesn't Pan, or Magpul Bipod with M-LOK which does Pan and can have that feature locked out. Does any actually use the Panning features on a Bipods?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes, I use pan all the time. I didn't know the stud version didn't have that option. Anyway I have two m-lok versions, one on AR and one on bolt gun. Like both. I do however wish I would have chosen the 1913/picatinny versions. The picatinny option would have allowed me to more easily remove the bipod to store gun tighter in safe. The m-lok while very secure is more tedious remove and install quickly. Other than that I like the

My suggestion would to be get about 2" piece of pic-to-m-lok and go with the 1913 bipod.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suggestion would to be get about 2" piece of pic-to-m-lok and go with the 1913 bipod.
Thank you! I added one in the picture above, that does make better sense!

Reactions: Deadduck357

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Depends a lot on what you intend to do with the gun.

I pretty much only use my bipod to help me get really dialed-in on the zero. Static target, no time pressure, etc....my bipod does all sorts of things, but I really don't havre much of a use for it.

As with @Deadduck357 's suggestion - and your picture - I use a small pic section on the far end of my handguard, just in front of my vert. I find that what little additional weight it incurs is worth the sacrifice for being able to slap on a bipod in short order, and it also helps a bit in getting my support hand locked-in to drive the gun.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pretty much only use my bipod to help me get really dialed-in on the zero. Static target, no time pressure, etc....my bipod does all sorts of things, but I really don't have much of a use for it.

As with @Deadduck357 's suggestion - and your picture - I use a small pic section on the far end of my handguard, just in front of my vert. I find that what little additional weight it incurs is worth the sacrifice for being able to slap on a bipod in short order, and it also helps a bit in getting my support hand locked-in to drive the gun.
Thank you, I will be using it mostly for target shooting or sighting in.

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Super Moderator
16,428 Posts
How is the magpul? I want to put a bipod on my new bolt gun. It has a QD and stud. I had a Harris before so know those.

I assume panning locks on center, but you can move around. I have looked at Atlad. I thought they wete expensive till i saw others. 😊

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the magpul? I want to put a bipod on my new bolt gun. It has a QD and stud. I had a Harris before so know those.

I assume panning locks on center, but you can move around. I have looked at Atlad. I thought they wete expensive till i saw others. 😊
I haven't ordered it yet, but will tonight. Only from what I have read its light, and reliable. It comes down to what mount you want. I will be ordering the Magpul Bipod for 1913 Picatinny Rail. And an extra Picatinny mount.

Reactions: Deadduck357

·
Super Moderator
16,428 Posts
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the m-lok version coming this saturday, unless there's a weather problem. I'll post back after it gets here.
Yeah, for the range I am excited to order it!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Review on the Magpul Bipod I like the Atlas bipod but it's all about preference and what works for the shooter.
Thank you!

Reactions: rv771977

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harris are good to go. The Magpul is good option as well. I like both. The Magpul doesn't have springs hanging all over it keeping it cleaner looking and less to snag on. But again I like both.
I was looking at the reviews, I do see the Harris and I agree I can see the springs getting snagged on things. Thank you for the feedback!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts