Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey are there any fellow magnum research owners, in particular owners of the micro desert eagle? I just pick up a MDE, I couldn't be more happier, I love the feel the weight and the way this baby shoots, I read a lot on this prior to my purchase but was wondering what you guys though of it and where I can get cool accessories for it such as grips, pinky extentions and holsters. Thanks fellas.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

Stylus Everyday carry

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Revolver

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The one thing to remember when shooting that gun is to only use one hand. If you use two you might leave the range with 90% of your fingers.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
misfit-x said:
The one thing to remember when shooting that gun is to only use one hand. If you use two you might leave the range with 90% of your fingers.
Yeah I read all the disclaimers and warning labels.

Pink Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
misfit-x said:
Just making sure. Would hate to ever have to give you a high four :shock:
Lol. Yeah I would hate it to, Thanks for the warning though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the mde wood grips like the ones on magnum research website. They are on a 9 week backorder according to a magnum research rep.

Thanks.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so magnum research discontinued selling the wooden grips that pissed me off so I sent a email to magnum research Monday night, tuesday John Motschenbacher from magnum emailed me confirming what I was looking for and said "You get a pair of the last ones we will ever have" I said yes can I order, placed my order yesterday and should have them by Friday, best $42 I've ever spent even better the that special massage I got years ago😜

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a MDE. It is a surprisingly good shooter for such a small package. It's built really solid, and the ports just forward of the chamber make for some interesting high speed still shots and video. I will post them when I get a chance.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've taken some cool pics and videos as well but can't seem to find them, so I'll have to take more...... The ports have a bigger use then just good still shots and videos though they help take some of the recoil out of such a small package, the mde is very accurate and I believe I have a good shot but the ports certainly help. Lol

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Before;

After;

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought one of the first ones on the market, and couldn't get used to the worst trigger pull on any firearm I've ever owned. Would cringe at the reports of the slide splitting under the front of the barrel. Got rid of it, and saw another one at a LGS. Looked at it, and confirmed my decision to get rid of mine.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bought one of the first ones on the market, and couldn't get used to the worst trigger pull on any firearm I've ever owned. Would cringe at the reports of the slide splitting under the front of the barrel. Got rid of it, and saw another one at a LGS. Looked at it, and confirmed my decision to get rid of mine.
I'm sure you already know but I'll put it out there just in case, yes the trigger pull is long but one thing to keep in mind is; magnum put the long DOA trigger on it cause it's the only safety on the gun, I don't know bout u but if it didn't have the DOA trigger or some other external safety I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying a firearm in my pocket which is the purpose. But to each its own, as long as your happy with your decision. 😜

1 - 12 of 12 Posts