Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new LED flashlight over the weekend. Saw a review on these browsing the website and thought I would give it a try. This is a Maglite XL50 LED and the only downfall of the flashlight is that it uses AAA batteries instead of AA. Unlike most Maglite's, this one has a click button on the tail cap in which has three modes where if you click it once, you get a 104 lumen beam that will last you 8 hours and 45 minutes. Click it twice and you get a low beam (which is still extremely bright) that will last 36 hours. A third click and you have an emergency safety strobe that will literally blind and confuse any intruder that makes the mistake of breaking and entering your home...

Maglite seems to make good quality stuff and this model is no different. Not only does this light stand up to a Surefire, it is a third of the cost since I picked it up at Home Depot for around $30....

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Maglite has been using the same old design for too long. Im glad to see they are waking up and offering a quality LED light.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the low cost and the push button on the tail cap is what sold me. Never really liked the idea of having to twist the bezel to turn the light on. This little light puts out a pretty bright beam. I replaced the three AAA alkaline Duracells with Energizer Lithium batteries, so far I am impressed with it.

Here is the web link that gives you a detailed description of the light:
Maglite® XL50? LED Flashlight

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love mine. The only thing I didn't like is that the light does not come with a lanyard but after I contacted Maglite about it, they told me that they were developing an after market lanyard and pocket clip for the XL series....SWEET!:cool:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a $30 price tag, that makes the deal much sweeter! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts