Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys insert a fully loaded mag into your Rifle, do you have to slap it on the bottom for it to fully seat? I have to do that now, but in the past, I could just stick it in and it would lock into place with out popping it on the bottom.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I haven't had any issues with that. I use Pmags and have a Spikes bolt. I usually just put the mag in, then give it a slight pull to make sure its in there.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I always just smack it as part of the routine, whether it needs it or not. It doesn't hurt anything, and I don't want to stand there evaluating it if I'm under stress.

·
Registered
942 Posts
my pistols do the same thing when u insert the mag with the slide closed, just use some umph on em bro.

·
Registered
768 Posts
my pistols do the same thing when u insert the mag with the slide closed, just use some umph on em bro.
+1 my pistols are the same way...give the magazine a good whack on the shooting bench while holding your gun by the barrel! Be sure that you raise the gun completely overhead before starting the decent to the platform that will be used to seat the mag in the mag well tho...want to make sure that there is sufficent force and that it is properly seated of course! LOL :shock:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 my pistols are the same way...give the magazine a good whack on the shooting bench while holding your gun by the barrel! Be sure that you raise the gun completely overhead before starting the decent to the platform that will be used to seat the mag in the mag well tho...want to make sure that there is sufficent force and that it is properly seated of course! LOL :shock:
LOL, can I just hammer a nail into a piece of wood with it every time I reload?

·
Premium Member
128,276 Posts
No, I don't have to, but it has been a force of habit with both rifle and pistol.

·
Registered
768 Posts
LOL, can I just hammer a nail into a piece of wood with it every time I reload?
If you have any construction work that needs done you can complete two tasks at once this way!! LMAO

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
After having a mag fall out on my first shot in a match once I never have put in another mag without slapping it like a rented mule.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts