Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought XD's had drop free magazines, but they have "EZ Glide Magazines" However my magazines now catch on the side and dont fall free of the gun, they get stuck. Ive cleand and tried to lube the magz a bit. However they still catch somehow.

Anyone else with this problem?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I had this problem with one of my mags. Do you drop your mags often? Does it happen to all of them? My problem was a slightly (and I mean ever so slightly) deformed mag. I must have dropped it and it just slightly bent enough to hang up about halfway out. Inspect the mouth of the mag carefully for out of squareness or anything that looks bulged or bent.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Darktide are they non drop free when full, and do they drop free when empty. The magazines swell up when full but if you fire a round or two they unswell and should drop free.

·
Registered
298 Posts
ahh so im not the only one...

i wipe everything down with a silicone cloth now and they slide right out.

i only have this problem with my sc and mags i ordered the mags that came with the gun fly right out of the grip full or empty.

i have noticed though unfortunatly after a few drops from my service, mags are getting a bit snagged but not stuck yet.

i suggest a set of mags for practice and a set for carry that you dont drop unless they are empty in a shtf situation.

and of course backup sets for your backup sets for your backup sets you can never have enough mags ya know.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
had the problem briefly. Was concerned but it went away pretty fast. Durign that time, I just lightly (just a very small film) oiled teh inside of the grip with rem-oil.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Good point by Rat.
I have 3 mags for my XD 9MM SDC that I never drop.
I have almost 30 mags that I use at the range that I drop them when practicing reloading and malfunction drills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts