Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for the better part of three months, I finally received my hi-cap mag and holster from the promo deal. The mag is of a new design with display holes for each round from 5-12, as opposed to the older design with holes spaced every four rounds.

I wanted to use the new mag for carry, but I just discovered an odd problem with it. When filled to capacity, the magazine will not drop free. Instead, it drops out 3/4", just past the point at which the mag release engages. However, if I remove just one round, everything works fine. I have tested both of my other magazines, and neither exhibits the same problems. I'm relieved that my gun is not to blame, but I'm pretty baffled as to what's causing this. Any ideas?

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to sending the potentially defective mag back to SA. By the time I get a new one back, I'll probably be celebrating Independance Day.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The magazine swells up especially since you mag spring is really stiff. As the spring weakens it should get better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts