Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum and new to XDs. Just picked up my new XD45, went to the range and had a blast. Weird thing though. With a full magazine inserted into the XD, if I press the mag release button the mag doesn't drop out! I have to apply some some good pressure on the mag itself, once the mag release button is depressed, in order for it to drop out. Now, I did try an empty mag and it worked properly. I did call customer service, spoke to Debbie, very nice. She indicated to me that it is because the gun needs to be worked in, and this will not be an issue in the future. Anyone else have this problem? Should I be concerned? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have an XDm 9mm and it does the exact same thing. A full mag puts downward pressure and you have to push up a little to release it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep. Issue only exists with a full mag. And it will get better with time. No worries.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Leave your mags fully loaded for a couple weeks, and it will wear in the spring a bit. It will get better with use.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
New gun and stiff springs all around! Id even take an empty mag and practice inserting it and releasing it to wear in the mag catch and spring! As stated above , it does get easier in time!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the responses. Good to know it'll just take some time...guess I'll just have to go to the range more nothing wrong with that!

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's a sign of quality, good, springs. Had the same problem, goes away as you go along. Even the magazines were a bitch to load to the point that I had to use the mag loader. I left the mags loaded for 3 weeks and all is fine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had the exact same problem. I worked mine loose my loading a few rounds at a time into the mag and loading and releasing the mag till the mag relese was easier. then I just sat around watching tv with a full mag relesing and loading it up. now it spits them out with no problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad to see this post............ Had the same problem yesterday with mine. I had just got back from the range and was trying to insert a fully loaded mag with the action closed (guess I hadn't done that at the range). It was tough to get in, and then had to cycle the action to get it out. Figured it may be that the 10 round mags (don't ask, it's a California thing
) I got from GT Jon were just new & stiff. Glad to see I was right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts