Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i found a pierce grip extension at one of my LGS and was stoked as i'd been looking for them online. bought it and slapped it on and loved the way it felt (i have a xd 9mm sc). i didn't think it would make that much of a difference but WOW! i'm making a special trip to the range tomorrow to try it out.

here's my question: has anyone else experienced the magazine starting to feel stiff when the grip was added? i load and unload my mags more than i should... mostly because i'm bored at home and i can't go shooting as much as i'd want to so i fondle my gun...

when i loaded it up just now the 13th round was much tighter than it usually is without the grip. that being said i also noticed that i needed to apply much more force to put the magazine into the gun. i don't think any issues would arise from a little extra pressure but i wanted to ask.

i tried searching this out but couldn't find anything so if this has already been addressed please link the thread. thanks!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I didn't notice any difference with mine at all. You may try breaking your mag. down all the way, re-install it, and see if you get the same results. But if your mag. feeds without any trouble tomorrow, wouldn't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same issue. The mag almost wants to be "slammed" in and the mag release is tough as well. I'm using the 16 cap mag.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since this got brought back up i'll post an update:

the 13 round mag with the extension does still feel a little stiff every time i load it and when i put it into my gun. i've had several trips to the range and have not had any issues with it whether they be jamming or failure to load.

i did break the mag down and reassembled it making sure that all parts were placed correctly. not sure why mine feels stiff and others don't but it's not causing any issues so i'll roll with it.

the mag release was harder too and i'm assuming that was because of the pressure but i've gotten used to that and it's no longer an issue either.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine are stiff also. I just got used to it, also took it to the range and there was no problem. How are you liking em'?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i really like the extension. it feels really good in my hand. i need to buy at least one more mag, preferably two. for those i'll get the 16 round. i only need one short one while i carry, the rest i'd prefer to have the three extra bullets in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts