Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the XD, and so far it's been excellent.

However, when I try to drop a loaded magazine with a chambered round, the mag tends to stick in the weapon. Usually, I pull the slide back half-way and try again, and it drops free after that. It also drops free every time when the magazine is empty.

I assume this is due to spring tension/rounds in the magazine, but is there any way to prevent this? Also, how does one maintain the magazine release/catch during routine maintenance.

Of course, it should be mentioned that, though I've only put 200 rounds through the weapon, it's been perfect so far in terms of feeding, firing, extracting and ejecting.

Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a XD40 Subbie that is doing the same thing. Anything loaded more than 5 rounds and the mags stick, it's a REAL pain to get the mag release to let go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then I guess I can be of help to YOU!

Pull the slide back about halfway, as if you were performing a chamber-check. I find that, once the slide is returned to battery after that, the magazine drops free and easy.

(Although, I did just check the weapon after posting this, and it dropped free even without that move. I guess it's a sometimes-thing. Fortunately, it's reliability has been an always-thing.)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a XD40 Subbie that is doing the same thing. Anything loaded more than 5 rounds and the mags stick, it's a REAL pain to get the mag release to let go.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The springs are tight when they are new.. keep your mags filled, and keep shooting.. the mags will losten up.

Raymond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts