Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my CCW (actualy here in OR we call it CHL) and I've been carrying my XD-9SC at about 4:30 IWB in a cheapo Uncle Mikes holster while I wait for a C-TAC to arrive. The problem is that the magazine release button keeps getting pressed while it's holstered causing the magazine to be slightly ejected and hanging loose in the mag well. Fortunately I carry with a slight forward cant so the mag has stayed in the gun versus falling out and sliding across the floor. I'm sure the C-TAC will solve this problem since the hard Kydex will shield the button.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I carry a S&W 3913 in a Uncle Mikes but at 2:30 and never had the problem.

Mag release is probably being depressed when you sit down.

Maybe switch to the 2:30 position?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never had that problem but I have a C-TAC ;)

Actually I have the opposite problem, my mag release is stiff. I oiled it and have been working it more and it seems to be getting better.

As fast as Comp-Tac ships, you will have a solution soon.

btw. Texas is CHL also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
retired said:
Your problem is your righthanded. If you were lefty, it wouldn't occurr since we don't carry at 4:30. lol
yeah but the mag release is on both sides.

Tattoo, I never had that problem with my XD40. is the holster actually pressing the mag release? or are you not seating it properly?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
You can file alittle away from the holster and you problems should go away. When you twist the button is getting pushed into the holster. Even as little as having off a few thousandts will help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
area1320 said:
Tattoo, I never had that problem with my XD40. is the holster actually pressing the mag release? or are you not seating it properly?
I'm not sure what was hitting the release, could have been pressing against me too hard, could have been a lump in my jeans, the holster is made out of soft neoprene, only a few mm thick. And while it was soft to wear and did hang the gun from my belt, it didn't stay in place or provide much real protection to the gun.

The CTAC arrived and as soon as I put it on I was amazed. Super comfortable! I love the versatility of cant options. It hold the gun tight but it's nothing a firm draw won't overcome. Re-holstering is easy. It holds the gun tight against the backside of my hip (important because I'm 140lb/28in waist) and I can get away with wearing just a t-shirt with no major printing. The best gun accessory I've bought in a long time!

http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplat...y=3407251&subcatky1=4548802&subcatky2=2000017

edited for spelling

·
Registered
556 Posts
My XD is still a `baby' at just under 1,000 rounds, but the magazine release is freakin' stiff as can be. I haven't tried IWB carry yet, but I'm hoping this won't be a problem for me.

-James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts