Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bi-tone XD-40 service, and I'm using the factory 12 rnd mags, haven't shot a ton of semi auto pistols, but this one's tough. I have to take my weak side hand and put it on the back side to be able to press the mag release hard enough. Granted, it's only had 20 rnds so far (just bought 500 rounds of wolf 180 gr to "learn" with)

Is this something that will break in after a while? Does it matter if the mag is loaded or empty? I would expect on race guns, you'd hit the button and the mag would drop, I'm no where near that...

Thanks for any comments!!

Rob in Denver

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Once your mag springs wear in and weaken just a little it should get better. The new xd springs are really strong and thats what makes the mag release hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I've been leaving the mags loaded with 12 rounds to soften them up a bit. Hopefully I'll get to shoot some this weekend.

Rob in Denver

XD40 Service
Model 500 S&W 8 3/8"
(waiting for me to learn to reload, the recoil doesn't hurt, but the $ for shells will)
Model 60ls S&W
Browning Buckmark Camper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys were right, once a few shells were shucked out, it dumps much easier. I really like this pistol. Not QUITE as accurate as my .500, but the follow up shot is MUCH quicker!! :twisted:

Thanks for the replies!!

Rob in Denver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts