Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XD-40's mag-release button keeps sticking .I push it in and it stays inward for about 5-6seconds then slowly pops back out. I tried pushing it back and forth on both side really fast hoping that it would wotrk it loose or just work the new-nish out , but no luck. It is fairly new and has only 200 rds thruogh it . What should i do ? Is there a way i can take the frame apart and shave off some pin or something?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes , all oiled up but still is sticking .

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone else know what it may be? Has anyone here had this happen? I did a search and found nothing .

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Haven't had the problem, but I'd try spraying some alcohol based brake clean into the button area from both sides, then blow it out with air compressor, then lube. Last time I did a cleaning I used this method on the whole gun and it was fast and thorough. Just make sure you really blow out all the nooks and crannys of the solvent so none remains to break down your lube.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried it and everything else.I even tried WD-40 .No luck at all .Looks like i will join the rest of the crew on doing the damned warranty send back thing! :roll:
What a piece of crap! I have never had any problems with any guns i ever owned until this one. I worked the mag-release button back and forth very very fast and forcefully to try to give it some wear so it would seat-in and get loose , but it is still sticking like a mo-fo!
Do you guys know if S.A. pay for the send back , like give you an account number code at the UPS place or something so that they pay for the shipping?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Field Strip the gun.
Grip the frame like you are going to shoot.
Bring gun up to eye level so you are looking down the mag well
Look at the spring that is around the mag release button is it broken?
If not Follow the following steps.
Use a tooth brush or other small brush and scrub the area around the mag catch with some solvent while pushing the mag release button.
Use some Kleen Bore Gunk Out or other similar aeresol can product and blast the area around the mag catch
Use an air compressor to blow out all solvent from around the mag catch.
While doing this push the mag release button back and forth from both sides.

I just think you have some gunk or other debris built up around the mag release spring which is causing it to stick.

Why do people get so pissed when they have a probem with their gun....just relax call Springfield and see if they have any suggestions, or go to your local gun range and ask the employees if they have any ideas, then if you still cannot get it resolved call Springfield and request a RMA for warranty work.

If you think the gun is such a piece of crap I will give you $100 to take it off your hands!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats a RMA?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did the compressed air thing and all of the above , no luck at all

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll contact them tomarrow unless i hear an offer for $375 in the Tennessee area :lol: Heck for $400 they can have it and the new DeSantis Leather holster i got for it too.
Sorry to bitch and complain guys , but it sucks to have to do all this sending stuff to and from a factory , especially when i have spent this much money on an item and especially since its a handgun. Maybe made on a friday maybe not but really aggrivating.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Tercel89 said:
i'll contact them tomarrow unless i hear an offer for $375 in the Tennessee area :lol: Heck for $400 they can have it and the new DeSantis Leather holster i got for it too.
Sorry to bitch and complain guys , but it sucks to have to do all this sending stuff to and from a factory , especially when i have spent this much money on an item and especially since its a handgun. Maybe made on a friday maybe not but really aggrivating.
As with anything man made, things can and will slip through the QC process. Its possible that the mag release is bad. Did you not try the gun out when you bought it? New or used, you should always try every control on a gun when you buy them. I had a dealer not let me dryfire a gun onetime and I laid the gun down on the counter and walked out, never did return to his shop. Send it back to them and they SHOULD pay shipping both ways.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah , it all worked just fine when i got he gun but just the last few days it seems to be sticking .The more i fool with the mag release button , the more it sticks.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GUYS I FOUND IT ! It was a piece of hard dirt from where my buddy was shooting and he threw up some dirt and it got lodged behind the mad release spring! It was as hard as a rock! Working fine and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good deal, now ya just got to get your buddy to stop throwing rocks at ya!!!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we were shooting into a hill side at a quarry and it is made of clay and rock and sometimes it flies up and back at you when youre at 15 yrds and closer

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tercel89 said:
GUYS I FOUND IT ! It was a piece of hard dirt from where my buddy was shooting and he threw up some dirt and it got lodged behind the mad release spring! It was as hard as a rock! Working fine and thanks for the help.
But you field stripped it like suggested previously, right? :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts