Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I'm new here and I had a quick question. I recently traded a XD SC for a Compact Springfield 1911 and I was wondering which family of magazines will fit it. It's not the new Range Officer, it was made back in 95 and it has a 7 round mag with it. I love it but I want more mags. I bought a full size Colt mag off a guy and it sticks out the bottom a little. Any info is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Hey everybody I'm new here and I had a quick question. I recently traded a XD SC for a Compact Springfield 1911 and I was wondering which family of magazines will fit it. It's not the new Range Officer, it was made back in 95 and it has a 7 round mag with it. I love it but I want more mags. I bought a full size Colt mag off a guy and it sticks out the bottom a little. Any info is appreciated.
You bought an extended mag. Does the mag stop itself from going in too far?

Simpler can you take a picture I believe your all good. But I want to make sure your not abusing your ejector.

Basically a picture to ensure you don't have an officer length grip. If the grips full side any 45 mag that locks in should work (I suggest Wilson 47d or chip McCormick or 7 rd magazines)

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
He didn't buy an extended mag; he bought a standard mag for a Govt model when he has a compact (officer's) frame.

Buy officer's/compact mags and you'll be fine. I recommend Wilson 47OX/47OXC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank yall for the replies. It cleared me up quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts