Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the 3 freee magazines and mag holder Springfield is offering is great.
The only problem is for the 3.8 compact or any other compact.
The 3.8 compact comes with one flush fit magazine, and one hi-capacity extension mag. In the promotion, springfield gives three flush sit mags for all the compact guns. That's fine and good beings they are free but wouldn't it be fair if they gave at least one Hi-capacity extension mag for the compact guns that come with one of each ? Two flush fit and one extension sounds fair. Id even settle for one of each and call it even. I guess I should just be glad, free is free !

·
Registered
99 Posts
but wouldn't it be fair if they gave at least one Hi-capacity extension mag for the compact guns that come with one of each ? Two flush fit and one extension sounds fair. Id even settle for one of each and call it even. I guess I should just be glad, free is free !
I hear ya! I just submitted my info for the mag rebate and was thinking the same thing. I would even settle for just two full size mags with the extentions and no mag holster. I guess we can't complain to much. :???:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you get your mags? I don't recall reading anything about the flush fitting mags and just assumed that they would be the 19 round variety. I submitted my form online last week and got the confirmation a day or two later. Now the 6-8 week wait :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I actually traded the mag holster and a flush mag for an extended mag at my LGS.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here is a link to the rules for the mag promo. XD at the top. XDm scroll down.

Im happy with the fact that you only get short mags with the Compact models. Since that's what I carry.

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/MagChart.pdf

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Didn't know that. May be gettin another "compact" shortly . . .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Eh, not too big a deal. LGS sold me 4 pearce extensions for $35, so I use one on my CC mag, carry the 19rd as a CC spare mag , and the other three are great for range/glovebox mags. Also, if you're doing any CCW, you may find that carrying 2 13rd magazines side-by-side in a jeans pocket is more comfortable than the one long 19rd magazine. I sometimes go that route, depending on the jeans I'm wearing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you get your mags? I don't recall reading anything about the flush fitting mags and just assumed that they would be the 19 round variety. I submitted my form online last week and got the confirmation a day or two later. Now the 6-8 week wait :)
It's on the promo page on springfields website. They state what mags go out with what guns. It's not too bad, so I just have to buy another extension now instead of both.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the link! Odd, I never saw that when I was looking around before. My mags just arrived today, three 13-round shortys.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
It's free and you talk fair?

Ugh... No sympathy from me, I missed out on the last one by like a month and had to sit through this whining then too.

Sorry, strikes a bad note with me every time. Send them my way if you don't like what they give you, I'll gladly accept anyone's unwanted FREE 13 round magazines.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
+1 Thunder71
No sympathy here either for anyone who doesn't like what they're going to get for FREE.

I actually traded the mag holster and a flush mag for an extended mag at my LGS.
:confused: Doesn't trading the Flush mount mags defeat the whole purpose of getting the XDM Compact? :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm sure not complaining. I didn't even know about the promo until I found this forum yesterday. I have 6 mags coming, three for my 9mm and three for my .45 ACP. My 5.25 .40 S&W will be here by next week so I'll be getting 3 more. I'm pleased as punch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have decided I want the XDM 9mm 3.8 Compact.....Now I still have to decide all Black or Bi tone?

Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to disagree, they aren't free you had to purchase a $500+ handgun from them. For me the magazine deal was what made me choose the xdm series instead of a walther. Good thing for me is I would prefer the flush mount magazines.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have to disagree, they aren't free you had to purchase a $500+ handgun from them. For me the magazine deal was what made me choose the xdm series instead of a walther. Good thing for me is I would prefer the flush mount magazines.
No, you bought a $500+ handgun for the handgun, or at least you should have. If the only reason you bought it was for the free magazines you should have gotten a Walther.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Unless you're dealing with stores who jack up their "every day" price to make it LOOK like you're getting something free, the price you're paying for the XD is the same price you'd be paying any other day of the Year. I wouldn't buy something JUST to get some accessories for free. I'd have to really want and be planning on getting it anyway, so the freebies would simply be icing on the cake.

I missed out on the Springfield deal by a couple Months, but my LGS just had a similar Glock freebie (free mags, Bag, etc) deal last weekend, so I picked up on the G-26 I've been wanting for the last year. Who knows how much longer I would have held out on buying it if they hadn't run the Special... But, as mentioned, I'd been planning on getting it anyway. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unless you're dealing with stores who jack up their "every day" price to make it LOOK like you're getting something free, the price you're paying for the XD is the same price you'd be paying any other day of the Year. I wouldn't buy something JUST to get some accessories for free. I'd have to really want and be planning on getting it anyway, so the freebies would simply be icing on the cake.

I missed out on the Springfield deal by a couple Months, but my LGS just had a similar Glock freebie (free mags, Bag, etc) deal last weekend, so I picked up on the G-26 I've been wanting for the last year. Who knows how much longer I would have held out on buying it if they hadn't run the Special... But, as mentioned, I'd been planning on getting it anyway. ;)
You picked up a GLOCK ? :shock:
OMG, how dare you metion the G-Word when on XD Talk !! LOL,
Just Kidding. The only reason I said it would be fair is because the gun came packed with one of each mag ! It may be called {compact} but Springfield did ship the pistol with one of each and even advertises the 40 XDM with the extension mag loaded in the gun. I bought it because of it's versatility. So yes it would be fair if they included at least one Hi-Cap mag ! That's how it was advertised and I went with it because it can do both. That's what I mean by fair. As far as me not taking the three
flush mags, Momma Didn't Raise No Fool Now !! If I was really ticked about it I would have wrote Springfield, but I didn't. I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking the same as me about it ? I guess that's why this is called a Forum ! You Post your thoughts !

·
Registered
20 Posts
The store I use has decent prices when I have compared to others. But I was definitiley on the fence between the walther and the springfield, I will probably end up with a walther as my next gun purchase. What made me go with the sa this time around was the magazine promo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts