Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i got 3 mags from natchez, 2 hicaps with grip extension and one 10 round sc mag. all for 9mm.

they are all tight, so tight they wont drop free even fully loaded.

(10 minutes later) decided i should check to see if they will fit my dads service model. pulled the sleaves off and yup they fit nice and smooth drop free like they are supposed to so i guess i have a tight magwell... also i tried his 3 magazines and they are all tight in my pistol as well.

anyone run into this and how did you fix it?

it looks as if there are 2 high areas at the rear of the magazine well that could be adjusted a wee bit.

edit, or an even better idea run those 3 mags on the wet/dry paper instead to smooth and thing the back of them a tad, that way if i do get mags on the smaller side of tollerances they wont rattle around.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so i decided to take it slow started with some 400 grit went no way thats gona work so i went to 150 grit sandpaper cut down pieces to fit my smallest magazine and used a bit of tape to hold in down on the sides. slowly inserted and removed the mag a little bit at time making sure i didnt bump or run over any metal.

my original mags still fit nicely no more noticable play in them and all the tight mags drop free or almost do now.

mostly i worked on the back of the mag well since there were no moving parts there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts