Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry in florida, where its kind of warm. I wear a dress shirt tucked in with a Tuckable IWB holster. XD is at the 3:30 position.

My problem is my extra magazine. With the shirt tucked in, there is no place for a pouch. I dont want to stick it bare in my pocket due to lint and debris. I may need this to save my life one day.

I cant find a pocket Mag holder. or tuckable Mag pouch. On my old gun, I could fit the clip in a velcro pocket knife pouch on my belt(looked just like a folding knife, But I cant find one big enough to fit this monster clip. (serv. 40sw)

My question to ccw holders who carry tucked, What do you do with your extra Mag.? :?:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I put it in a condom, tie a string around it, and stick it up my ass.

On some days where that doesn't seem too appealing, I just don't carry an extra mag. Well, most days. Actually.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You are getting kind of cynical at your young age TASF.. that's too bad..

I have an Uncle Mikes mag holder.. It works really well... the only down side is that if I want to take it off, I have to completely remove my belt... on the upside, I don't need to keep it in my ass.

Raymond

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
HVAC-TEK said:
I carry in florida, where its kind of warm. I wear a dress shirt tucked in with a Tuckable IWB holster. XD is at the 3:30 position.

My problem is my extra magazine. With the shirt tucked in, there is no place for a pouch. I dont want to stick it bare in my pocket due to lint and debris. I may need this to save my life one day.

I cant find a pocket Mag holder. or tuckable Mag pouch. On my old gun, I could fit the clip in a velcro pocket knife pouch on my belt(looked just like a folding knife, But I cant find one big enough to fit this monster clip. (serv. 40sw)

My question to ccw holders who carry tucked, What do you do with your extra Mag.? :?:
I don't usually carry tucked, and when I do I use one of those "belly band" holsters that has a mag carrier sewn into it.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
All I can think of is a fanny pack or convert a ankle holster if you are wearing long pants. A shoulder holster with a mag pouch is probably not the way to go since you are in a warm climate most of the year.
I dont want to stick it bare in my pocket due to lint and debris
Keep your pocket clean. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[TASF said:
Overkill]I put it in a condom, tie a string around it, and stick it up my ass.

On some days where that doesn't seem too appealing, I just don't carry an extra mag. Well, most days. Actually.
Although I did honestly consider sticking my spare Mag. in your ass, I figured a towl head like yourself might enjoy it to much. I figured you might not let me take it back. :twisted:

dont screw with the master. This girl plays dirty. :twisted:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Tengu said:
HVAC-TEK said:
I don't usually carry tucked, and when I do I use one of those "belly band" holsters that has a mag carrier sewn into it.
I considered a belly band, it just looks very uncomfortable. How is it for extended wear? Can you wear it for more than five hours comfortably?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
HVAC-TEK said:
I considered a belly band, it just looks very uncomfortable. How is it for extended wear? Can you wear it for more than five hours comfortably?
More than five hours? Sure.

The biggest problem is sweat rusting your piece, and the next problem is that you can't use one-handed reholstering.

It is probably the most concealable way to carry, though. Since you don't need a belt, I also use this method of carry for when I'm wearing gym shorts or sweat pants.

Normally, I use a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. with a leather OWB Don Hume mag carrier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts