Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could I use to coat either the magazine or the magazine well with a very light lubricant? Also could I use the same thing to coat the magazine follower too, if not what should I use?

I've been using RemOil in areosol form but I can see it getting dirty easy and making the action rougher than if it had any at all.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Dont use any oil in those areas, those are areas prone to get dirty. once dirty you would just be shoving the junk up into the pistol. If your getting binding clean those areas out and keep it dry.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Armor All works fine. Don't goop it in there, just a light coating on a rag, or spray it in and wipe it out of the mag well. Don't use on the magazine, you don't want the magazine slippery in your hand, you want it slippery in the mag well.

I don't really know why you would need anything on the mag follower.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ed Brown recs using a light lube for 1911 mags but you still wind up having to put them on a regular cleaning diet.

Find Boeing Boeshield T-9 works very well, including on the slide as a rust preventative.

Stuff actually lasts too.......

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I use a DRY silicone in mine, you spray it on wet and it dries leaving nothing to collect dirt and a very slippery surface. Dont lube the mags, as someone else said, you dont need those slipping out of your hands.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I use the spray silicone - the old fashioned non-ecofriendly stuff. The newer ecofriendly stuff isn't as slippery. I clean the mags inside and out with MPro7 which is a water based cleaner so it doesn't leave any oil behind. Disassemble the mags, clean them well, then spray all the parts down with silicone. I wipe everything down as dry as possible with a paper towel and then reassemble. I spray the outside of the magazines and don't worry about them falling out of my hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts