Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if this has been discussed or not but i just got my xd loaded the magazine with 12 wwb rounds and now when i try to put the magazine in the gun it is very very hard to push in.... its scratching the magazine pretty bad.... and to get it all the way in i have to hit the bottom of the magazine and with the magazine full when i try to push the magazine release button its like almost impossible now it is a little cold not sure if that will make a difference any imput would be much appreciated...oh ya its an xd40 service old frame style....

·
Registered
93 Posts
How many round have you put throught it??

I also have the XD40 Service and when I first got it, it was impossable to load a full mag. I had to load only 9 of 10. After the first 200rds I was able to get a full 10 in without much issue, and after 400rds. No more issues.

I think it has to get broken in. GO SHOOTING :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just a thought, and maybe not a good one, but do you have the slide locked back? I know with mine if the slide is foward when I try to put a mag in its a lot tougher to do. Same for pressing the release button. But lock the slide back and it clicks right in.

Nathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts