Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? I can hear rattling in the magazine and am wondering if the loose cartridge might somehow become misaligned and cause feeding problems?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I get the same thing sometimes. If you hit the rear of the mag on your palm or some other semi hard surface the sound usually disappears. Even when the sound doesn't go away, my XD still functions fine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw a thread about this very same thing some time ago. I decided to experiment a little bit.

Grab the full mag in either hand, bullets facing toward palm. Place thumb on tip of first round and simply push down. No more rattle.

Not sure if it works on the XD mags, but works with my Sig mags.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Same works with the xd mags as well. I like to tap the base of the mag on my palm and get all of the rounds seated.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I get it too.. but without fixing it, if I seat the mag in my xd, the rattle goes away on it's own... probably from the kind of pressure on the first round explained above.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought I somehow assembled my mags wrong after cleaning them. I had never noticed the rattle before. They work fine. I guess I'm okay.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I had this as well so I loaded up a mag and then squirted some super glue down inside...no more rattle :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts