Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to replace the mag springs in my xd-9 sub magazines. having some trouble locating any... can anyone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Your only option would to purchase springs and cut them down. That said, how many mag loads do you have through your mags? They should last hundreds if not thousands. Remember, keeping a magazine full does not wear on the springs, only full spring cycling will wear them down.

OS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what i thought. i generally carry my xd-9 sub for my off duty carry. i hadn't shot it in several months, so i ran a few hundred thru it the other day. 1 mag consistently didn't feed the last round, and the other mag wouldn't put the pistol into slide-lock. i've never had any problems with this weapon, or these mags. she was clean and lubed, and the internals of the weapon all look good.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
It definitely sounds like it could be springs, but I would make sure it wasn't your thumb that was keeping the slide from locking back. Call SA and see what they say. They may be able to provide you with fresh springs.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
that's what i thought. i generally carry my xd-9 sub for my off duty carry. i hadn't shot it in several months, so i ran a few hundred thru it the other day. 1 mag consistently didn't feed the last round, and the other mag wouldn't put the pistol into slide-lock. i've never had any problems with this weapon, or these mags. she was clean and lubed, and the internals of the weapon all look good.
when was the last time you cleaned your magazines?

It could be some lint/crud that is hanging the follower near the last round.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I keep my xd 40 mags loaded all the time. I just shot it today for the first time in a year and no problems at all. all rounds cycled perfectly

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
when was the last time you cleaned your magazines?
+1. If you let any weapon sit that long, you are best to take apart the mags and firearm and give them a good cleaning. Make sure you have so lube on the slide rails and that you don't have any lint, grit, etc. affecting the mag follower.

I have 5 mags from 2003 that have been used monthly since them for at least one match. They each have the same factory springs. It takes a lot to wear-out the factory springs, IMHO.

OS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the help guys, as anal as i am about cleaning my guns, i'll be damned if i can remember when i cleaned the mags last. i'll giver 'er a try an let you know. :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts