Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XD9sc has an interesting little quirk. When I have a mag loaded, the mag release button is loose, with a slight bit of side to side play in it and an accompanying rattling noise. It still functions when pressed. With the mag ejected, the release is tight, with no rattle. The mag is still seating and feeding fine in the gun, but the rattling button is a personal annoyance (I’m sure no one else but me notices.) I honestly haven’t tried another mag in the gun yet, by I’ll dig one out tonight and see if the problem still persists. Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts on it?

Incidentally, the mag itself does not rattle at all. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did miss that ! :D When you insert the mag do you hear a good click? It sounds like it might not be lining up right with the release. Mine rattles if I insert the mag just enough to not let it click. Also, does it happen when that mag is empty?

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I think some people have complained that their magazines rattle when they are full.

J/K

Kind of odd that the mag release would have enough play in it to actual make a noise. I have noticed that in either of my SC, one has stock mag release, the other a aftermarket installed at SA's Custom Shop. Maybe one of the vendors will jump in and add some comments that are more helpful... Consider me subscribed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did miss that ! :D When you insert the mag do you hear a good click? It sounds like it might not be lining up right with the release. Mine rattles if I insert the mag just enough to not let it click.
The mag does "click" into place, and I've even tried a solid tap with the heel of my hand to see if it would make it seat better, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The mag feeds perfectly, stays in the gun until the release is pressed and then slides free easily. Everything seems to be working as it should, except for that darn loose button.

When I get home tonight, I intend to try a second mag and try the current mag empty as well. I'll post my results.

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
It is not a mag issue. The magazine has nothing to do with the release.

My gun that I am currantly procrastinating working on. After taking the assembly out, my button had some play in it. As in it rattled as you described. It was getting replaced so I did not look as to the cause. I knew the assembly was to blame. After reinserting the new extended mag release the rattle went away.

I would examine the catch. Or try pushing out the release and put it back in. It sould not have Play in it.

Sent from my CrackBerry using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Both my mag and release "rattle" if I shake the gun with a mag in. It's a full mag, but even the empty one rattles if I shake it hard enough. The release button is a bit "lose" with a mag in, and but I cannot get mine to rattle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been pretty busy with work this week and haven't had time to try re-installing the release, but I'll give that a shot this weekend and hope that fixes the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts