Springfield XD Forum banner

Mag release question

636 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ceschl 
#1 ·
I am new to the blog and a new AS XDm 9c owner. Does the mag release typically require the mag be pushed up in order for it to release?

I like the way it shoots but this issue is troubling. If I ever need it in a critical scenario, I don't want to worry about replacing mags.

XDm 9c
G23
M&P 40c
BG .380

#2 ·
first - I noticed that is your first post so welcome to the forum. You might wish to introduce yourself over in the new member area.

For your question: yes it does require a little push, but only when the mag is full or near full. This is because the compressed mag spring is pushing all those rounds up against bottom of slide, which in turn pushes the mag down against the release making it stiff to push in. Some people have complained in threads on here but I think it is no biggie - in a match or in the worst case real situation, it will be very rare to be dumping a full or nearly full mag. You would be dumping an empty or perhaps near empty for a tactical reload - for that it should not require a push up. Dumping a full or nearly full would ordinarily be done in a non stress situation, ie unload after match stage or unload at home etc, so can take your time. The one exception would be a failure in which case tap rack might be a bit more trouble. Make sense?

#3 ·
Thx for the info. I hadn't experienced that w/ anything before. Feel better knowing what's causing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.