Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just painted my OD green XD9 with HK black. Came out beautifully. However in order to do this I had to remove ALL the inner workings (I used the instructions on the hs/xd sight - excellent - thank you). The instructions didn't tell me how to remove the mag release so I just went ahead and did it myself. Now I cannot compress the spring enough to get the mag release spring/plate/button back into the gun. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need a special tool? Is there a trick to this? :oops: Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Heres a movie I just made to help you. Its 20 meg but will help.

USe the right click and save target as.
www.xd-hs2000.com/movies/maginstall.MOV

This is one way of doing it the other is comming from the top. Comming from the top though you will need a vice to help hold the frame. Comming from the back has its pain as well trying to get the little arm bent and in the mag release sucks but is doable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ajamesp51 - Thanks for the great video! I am a new board member here and people like you will keep me coming back. It worked like a charm. It took five minutes compared to about two frustrating hours of trying. Thanks again.

Tom

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Well anything that will play a .mov file but its quicktime......sorry I took the video with my new digital camera and that was the format and why it was not super clear but grainy. I am glad it helped.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I was able to play it in Windows Media Player.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I finished the job and got it all back together and everything (trigger, safties, slide) seems to be in good working order. I think I still have to wait two weeks for it to completely dry before firing according to the directions with the paint spray kit.
Thanks again, ajamesp51! I will try to post a pic later...

·
Registered
273 Posts
James tks for the mag reassembly video! can you or someone tell me how to reassembly the rear frame compenent? I dont know it I have the rear safty spring in wrong or something but when I went to install the other 3 parts on top of that the rear safter does not compressed? it feel like the spring clip is not in place> someone please help!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
never mine I figure it out. I have the short spring side going trough the square instead of it compressing in the square opening! dame after taking the thing total apart I can said I would do it all over again in leaser time! now if someone make a trigger job i can said I can defently install it myself after going trough this! by the way great picture and instruction on how to take the Xd aparts james!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts