Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the XDs 9 and I've only put through 50 reds. However, lately, the mag release button have been really hard to push in while the mag is loaded and in the gun. It has made my index finger a good workout. Any suggestions I should do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The best way is to unload the mag lol. It gets better the more you you use it I have been loading my mags with snap caps and practice mag changes. That helps a lot since I don't get to shoot as much as I want to

·
Registered
151 Posts
Which finger are you using to release the mag? It is much easier for me to use my gun hand middle finger to release the mag.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Lock the slide back or push up on the bottom of the mag as you hit the release.

Its the mag spring pushing the rounds up which in turn pushes the mag back down on the catch.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Lock the slide back to release the pressure.
This and realize less chance of an issue if nding using your thumb. (If fingers too short muzzle downrange rotat hand on grip until thumb hits release release mag while reactions going for fresh mag, rotate hand back to proper shooting grip insert fresh mag)

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

Reactions: Papogator24

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
With a full mag (or near full) the top round is against bottom of slide so the force of mag spring is pushing mag down against the mag release. Solutions are as others have noted - shoot more, push up on base of mag or lock slide open.

You will find many threads on here where some complain that is not good function for a defense tool yadaa yadaa yadaa. But if we think this thru - when will we be in a rush to drop a near full mag?

Reactions: Papogator24
1 - 8 of 8 Posts