Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new XD compact has always had a very stiff mag release button but I thought with time it would get better. It now sticks in the release position and I need to push it back from the other side.
Springfield sent me a pre-paid shipping lable and it's now enroute to them for repair. Great customer service. Will update when I get it back.

Anyone else had or heard of this problem?
Jake

·
Registered
224 Posts
thats a bummer. My mag release button is difficult to push as well, I hope it doesn't start that. Although its good to know that SA has good customer service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine did that on the left side only, and mostly in humid weather. I lubed the **** out of the release inside and out, and now its perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mailed to them on June 16th, received it back June 27th. Mag release works great. smooth quick release from both sides. It no longer takes a lot of pressure to release the magazine. Very happy with Springfield's work, service & the quick turn around.

I had tried lubbing it to no avail prior to contacting them. Must have been a burr or a small defect.
Happy camper with Springfield Armory.
Jake

My new XD compact has always had a very stiff mag release button but I thought with time it would get better. It now sticks in the release position and I need to push it back from the other side.
Springfield sent me a pre-paid shipping lable and it's now enroute to them for repair. Great customer service. Will update when I get it back.

Anyone else had or heard of this problem?
Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts