Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I've been on hiatus since I had to sell my xd40 service, but now I'm back with a brand new xd9 sub bitone. Love it. Easier for me to conceal too.

Anyway, I went to load my mag today and noticed a rattle noise in it. When I had 9 rounds in it no rattle but with 10 the rattle was constant. I just got it so this mag hasn't even been shot with yet. When I did go shoot today I only used my mag with no rattle.

What should I do?

·
Registered
359 Posts
The rounds aren't seating properly in the magazine. When you're loading it, give it a good whack on the palm of your hand on both the buttplate and the back of the magazine after every 2 or 3 rounds.

Ours (wife's) XDSC mags did it too, but the above practice has remedied that situation.

-stunks

·
Registered
48 Posts
My fiances 9mm subbie does the same thing and I can't get it to go away. But since it hasn't/doesn't affect the performance of the gun, I just let it go. Do youself a favor and buy some .40sc mags and shove 13 rounds of 9mm in those boys instead of the 10 that the 9mm mags limit you to. The 9mm sc mags can only hold 10, because of the the steal that is press in on both sides of the mag. If the sides weren't pressed in you could get 13 in those mags too. I only wish my .40sc mags could hold more that 9 stinking rounds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts