Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after doing my routine cleaning on my 1911 I went to insert a loaded mag for carry for that day and ran into a problem. My magazine was holding my ammunition at to steep of an angle in which caused the top of the shell casing to catch on something (sear disconnect?) in the frame. Called SACS, they are sending a mag to see if that fixes the problem. Has anyone every had this problem with the factory mags? SACS said if that doesn't fix it then I will have to send the pistol in because at that point it would be the slide out of spec. Now I wait......

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually it does have two magazines with it and at some point or another it has happened with both. But it doesn't happen all the time. I can unload and reload mags and fix the prob, but who's to say it won't happen when I need it to....

·
Registered
66 Posts
well then, the 1911 doctor might prescribe a Wilson 47D magazine trial test, if it fails with that and good hardball, we indeed have a serious issue. The 2 SA mags that came with my Champion were OK and worked fine, but will only trust a Wilson Combat or a CMC Powermag for serious use.
We must use no fail magazines in our 1911's
no matter the price, they pay for themselves in
peace of mind reliability :cool:

I would go with the doctor's orders on this one. I personally ran only 47D mags in my 1911s. BTW, you just can't have too many single stack mags. Oh, and buy some extra springs and followers. ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I've never had an issue a 47D didn't cure. That said if you don't carry your 1911 and that seems too pricey for some range mags, go with Metalforms from CDNN. They have them for under $8 once in awhile, and I like them so much I've bought about 20 of them. Run great, just as good as my Wilsons in fact. Like the 1911, you can never have too many 1911 mags.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well SA is sending mags out to me, I plan on getting better mags for the 1911 but hopefully the new ones will make due untill then. But at least they feed well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts