Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to shoot my first IDPA match on Sat and I need a good and legal mag pouch for my XD. Any suggestions???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!!

That's exactly what I ordered.
They say it should be here today or tommorrow.

Jp

·
Registered
82 Posts
JP.308 said:
Thanks!!!

That's exactly what I ordered.
They say it should be here today or tomorrow.

Jp
Jp Old School is( they) the owner of pistol gear

How many companies do you deal with where you get to deal directly with the owner, pretty cool

If you continue to use this forum you will see his name quit a bit always giving great advice

They ship fast so I'm sure you will have it when promised

Good luck with your match I'm going to my second one next Saturday 8/20

·
Registered
298 Posts
Doing my very first IDPA this Sunday and I got the same exact one from PistolGear. It's pretty good quality for the price and should work fine for IDPA. The tech-lock thing is convenient and it allows some adjustabilty on ride height and beltwidth. However, I found it difficult (big) to carry for everyday CCW. I plan on getting a leather Hume single carrier for this purpose when they are in stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found it difficult (big) to carry for everyday CCW.
...my thoughts exactly.

The match went well - it was a blast!!! My gun (XD40) and my ammo (180gr Wolf Performance) Performed flawlessly, however the shooter didn't :) During the fifth stage I accidently went back to my old grip (straight thumbs) which when shooting the XD has a tendency to allow my right thumb to catch the slide release - and it did, locking the slide open.
Thankfully, I was able to recover very quickly and it didn't affect my score too much.

Thanks again to all for the advice!

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
For IDPA, the pouch you bought is a good choice. They are not as fast and as adjustable as Blade-Tech's Kydex version, but they are 1/3 the price. I am glad it worked out for you.

If you want a mag pouch for CCW, I'd suggest the Hume Single Pouch.

Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I liked those so much I ordered 2! I did order from Blade Tech before one time... I ordered some parts to make a knife sheath "clip on" for my belt. I used the same parts they seem to be using on these mag holders. Works great too! Very secure until you want them off, then... no problem to remove them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts