Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to confuse myself. I'm going to shoot IPSC to keep it simple.

I have tried the Uncle Mike's pouches and they dig into my side and I like the idea of them siiting out a little.

The SpeedComp pouches seem to sit away from the body a ways.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
abalckburn said:
I don't want to confuse myself. I'm going to shoot IPSC to keep it simple.

I have tried the Uncle Mike's pouches and they dig into my side and I like the idea of them siiting out a little.

The SpeedComp pouches seem to sit away from the body a ways.
I don't have any but yes they are barley legal for production uspsa and sit out a little there are some reviews in the pistol gear forum.
Personally I am using a Blade tech quad with the tek-lock way better then uncle mikes paddle 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R/t Performance,

Thanks for the heads up on the reviews at PistolGear. It took a little while to find them.

You siad they are marginally legal. What does that mean. I don't understand.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
abalckburn said:
R/t Performance,

Thanks for the heads up on the reviews at PistolGear. It took a little while to find them.

You siad they are marginally legal. What does that mean. I don't understand.
For production they have rules requiring the placment and distance from the body.
The XD version is 45mm from the belt to the centerline of the longest
dimension (middle of the magazine). Rule 5.2.5 states 50mm from the
"closest distance between the competitors torso and the center of the longest dimension.."
So by current rule they are in by 5mm
L10 and up they will be fine but production is to be concealment placed holster and mag pouches.My safri land holster is also Right on the edge because need to be no lower than 1/4 from the ejection port.
Here is a link to belt and mag pouch I currently use.
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27494&highlight=race+rig

Yes I know the mags where backwards :oops:

·
Registered
7 Posts
For production they have rules requiring the placment and distance from the body.
The XD version is 45mm from the belt to the centerline of the longest
dimension (middle of the magazine). Rule 5.2.5 states 50mm from the
"closest distance between the competitors torso and the center of the longest dimension.."
So by current rule they are in by 5mm
L10 and up they will be fine but production is to be concealment placed holster and mag pouches.My safri land holster is also Right on the edge because need to be no
Hi Guys,

Production class rules dicatate position only for mag pouches. While holsters cannot be "of the racegun type" there are no restrictions for mag pouch design other than the "50mm rule" which dictates the distance equipment can be away from the body. SpeedComp Mag pouches are designed sit as far away from the torso as the rules allow.

The mag pouches that you use for Limited and Open can be used in Production but they have to be placed behind the hip bone.

There is nothing wrong with the Uncle Mike's design unless it does not fit you. The Uncle Mike's, Blade Tech Quad etc were designed to carry the maximum number of magazines in the smallest space. They are not, IMHO and experience, designed for speed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hopefully there will be 5 in my stocking in a couple of days; if not I'm just buying them... :D I really like the fact that they can be positioned so I won't have to reach half way around my arse for that "oh crap my last one" magazine in Production. :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
j2fast,

Santa has been coming by recently. Maybe if you were good this year, yours are included in the last shipment. :lol:

If not, maybe he'll put bullets in your stocking..at least you can use those. :p

Happy holidays!

·
Registered
452 Posts
SpeedComp said:
j2fast,

Santa has been coming by recently. Maybe if you were good this year, yours are included in the last shipment. :lol:

If not, maybe he'll put bullets in your stocking..at least you can use those. :p

Happy holidays!
Looks they were... I got two of them and spent about 30 minutes before dinner practicing mags changes in the basement. Love them so far and I'll be ordering 3 more from OS soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts