Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an XDM 40 S&W. Was loading a mag today & noticed that you can attach the mag loader to the rail on the bottom of the frame. Why would one want to do that? Nothing mentioned in the Owner's Manual. I have the flashlight holder for a 1" flashlight. Is there something made to slip into the mag holder while it's on the rail? :?:

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have no idea why it was designed to do that. Unless you wanted to make sure you didn't loose it. Kinna silly hu?? :confused:

Oh!....BTW, Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Tacticool

·
Registered
616 Posts
I attach mine to the holster not the gun. Just helps me keep everything together, and gives me a better hold on the mag loader.

Oh yeah, I forgot too. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now i feel like Danny Dipshxx. Never even took the mag carrier out of the case, as I doubt if I'll ever use it. Makes sense now. Thanks for the help. Have yet to even fire the damn thing.
:rolleyes:
By the way, I did read the owner's manual front to back. It makes no mention of the magloader at all. Nor does it have a picture of it, the mag carrier, or the holster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
haven't checked to see if it will attached to the holster but i usually keep mine on my magazine pouch...there are two rails on it to put your loader on... just a thought...

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first post here. Hello all!

If I may share a mod I have done?

I was recently involved in a 4 day handgun training course, and was constantly needing to load mags. Also was in need of an additional mag holder. I noticed the mag loader can only be attached facing down. I needed that to change. So back at the hotel room, I plotted out the removal of the extended lip on the mag loader's bottom end. I made it fit flush against the mag holster rail, and was perfectly able to fit it securely upside down. Now I have a 3 mag holster, and it actually loads while attached. quite easy I may add. I kept feeding rounds into it from the now bottom side by pressing with my thumb only and inserting a round. very quick, handy, and free!
I was the fastest mag re-loader on the line for 3 of the 4 days.

Recap:
Cut lip off of mag loader just enough to touch the rail.

Attach the mag loader upside down to the front rail of the support side mag holster.

Insert magazine just like the mag holster, and load away without removing the magazine! You can load them while holstered. Push down on the mag and load from the bottom. Just rotate the empty or partial mags to refill them as needed.

Save your thumbs!
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My first post here. Hello all!

If I may share a mod I have done?

I was recently involved in a 4 day handgun training course, and was constantly needing to load mags. Also was in need of an additional mag holder. I noticed the mag loader can only be attached facing down. I needed that to change. So back at the hotel room, I plotted out the removal of the extended lip on the mag loader's bottom end. I made it fit flush against the mag holster rail, and was perfectly able to fit it securely upside down. Now I have a 3 mag holster, and it actually loads while attached. quite easy I may add. I kept feeding rounds into it from the now bottom side by pressing with my thumb only and inserting a round. very quick, handy, and free!
I was the fastest mag re-loader on the line for 3 of the 4 days.

Recap:
Cut lip off of mag loader just enough to touch the rail.

Attach the mag loader upside down to the front rail of the support side mag holster.

Insert magazine just like the mag holster, and load away without removing the magazine! You can load them while holstered. Push down on the mag and load from the bottom. Just rotate the empty or partial mags to refill them as needed.

Save your thumbs!
Hope this helps.
I do this so it can hold a 3rd mag but i didn't have to cut mine

·
Premium Member
127,424 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thx Guys.

Glad you like it. Super handy and on the cheap. Just means more $ for ammo!

·
Registered
218 Posts
To me, the loader doesn't seem worth the trouble to use.
The XD loader is very simple to use, and it really helps to get those last 2 or 3 rounds in the mag. Don't discount it's usfulness.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Welcome new members..

When I owned XD pistols, I never removed any of the XD gear from their cases....:shock:

Uplula BABY............................​

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the mods and ideas ...can yall post up some pics?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts