Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have finally had it. I HATE my blade tech kydex 2 mag holster. it sticks out way too much. i know the company is in love with their techlock system, but I hate it. It is not a good thing when your gun is better concealed than your mags when the mags are that much smaller. when i walk around, the gun doesn't even show. you'd have to know what you are looking for in order to see it. The mags in that holster on the other hand look like I am carrying a cell phone circa 1986 on my hip with how far it sticks out. ok enough venting and bitching.

So i need some help and I hope you fellow forum dwellers know of something. I need to obviously fit 2 mags. I really would like a pancake holster or another type that is belt threaded (i have found they stay more snugg to the body). I carry my XD9 in a Ross Leather pancake holster (model 5 i think) and it holds it nice and snugg. I am looking for that kind of fit from my mag holster too. I tried the Galco and Ross leather 2 mag holster that buttons to your belt. no thank you. not snugg enough. those were not pancake, but it was all my local shop had in stock that would work that was leather (and yes I prefer leather.)

So I ask you, is there a 2 mag holster out there made by someone that is made like a pancake holster is for a gun holster? If you have make, model or other information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kirk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've carried some 1911 mags in hoffners mag holder, and it worked well. I don't have them for my XD though so not sure it tehy work just as well with the thicker XD mags. Here they are:

http://www.hoffners.com/mag.htm

I've also used a case for a knife (w/ velcro top) for my XD mags and it make for a good open carry that hides the fast that it's a mag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts