Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today to let a friend shoot my XD9SC and XD45 compact. Some observations...

I used TULA ammo in 9mm and Winchester White box. The XD9 digested it all fine but the TULA ammo was very hard to load into the mag. Never had any experience like that. The Winchester ammo looked it had been stored inside a cigar humidor, pretty pitted and tarnished but shot fine.

With the 45 I used Federal and it worked fine. But on one occasion I fired the first shot and the mag just plopped out and fell to the ground. That was actually my officially first ever malfunction in any of my two XDs!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I went to the range today to let a friend shoot my XD9SC and XD45 compact. Some observations...

I used TULA ammo in 9mm and Winchester White box. The XD9 digested it all fine but the TULA ammo was very hard to load into the mag. Never had any experience like that. The Winchester ammo looked it had been stored inside a cigar humidor, pretty pitted and tarnished but shot fine.

With the 45 I used Federal and it worked fine. But on one occasion I fired the first shot and the mag just plopped out and fell to the ground. That was actually my officially first ever malfunction in any of my two XDs!
Was the magazine seated all the way?

·
Registered
407 Posts
My xd45 did that to me one time. The only thing I could chalk it up to was that I must've hit the mag release with my thumb.

It's only happened once in over 3 years=user error

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am failry sure I did not hit the mag release based on where my fingers are during shooting but I, too, suspect that the mag was simply not all the way in to begin with.

·
Registered
17,492 Posts
I am failry sure I did not hit the mag release based on where my fingers are during shooting but I, too, suspect that the mag was simply not all the way in to begin with.
That's my thought as well. I will occasionally hit the mag release on my PF9, but never on my XDs.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I thought sure I had seated my mag all the way in once, but before I shot, I saw the mag was sticking out of the gun. So, you probably didn't have it seated all the way. It's much easier to lock the slide back, insert the magazine, then load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts