Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XD 9mm is my favorite pistol. My only issue is that ejecting a full magazine is difficult. An empty magazine ejects no problem. I was told this is an issue, and that with use it get's better. Someone suggested oiling the spring on the magazine release button. Wondering if anyone has had this experience, and any potential solutions or ideas.
Thanks...

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
What exactly do you mean by hard to eject? The mag release is difficult to push, or the mag sticks in the mag well?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
And there are some people that want to put extra power springs in their XDS magazines.

The springs in the magazine are strong and you are fighting that pressure when you eject the magazine. Lock the slide back first and it will release the pressure and be easy to eject the magazine.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
My XD 9mm is my favorite pistol. My only issue is that ejecting a full magazine is difficult. An empty magazine ejects no problem.
yep, with a full or almost full mag the top bullet is pushed up against the slide by mag spring, so the mag is pushed down against the release. Easy solution - push up on base of mag as you hit release. Now some folks have complained that should not need to do that with a "combat gun", blah blah blah. But if we think about that, when will you ever be in a rush to drop a full or almost full mag?

I have same XD9 with 13586 rounds through it. Have six mags for competition in production division of USPSA. All of those, even the original two that came with gun that are most "worked in", still need to push up on mag when I barney load a first round and swap out full.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. Bozz10mm, sorry i wasn't clear, mag release button is difficult to push.
Makes sense CdnlnAZ - with my other pistols, this was never an issue. My Ruger P89 was an easy release as well as my little Nano. Again, no issues with slide open, so I'll go that route. I keep the XD loaded in the safe, and when I'm going to the range swap out the magazine with the defensive rounds, I keep two extra magazines with range ammo in my range bag. Not sure if I'm being lazy or efficient lol.
Thanks again everyone, i just wanted to make sure I wasn't damaging the weapon, or had a defect.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
My XD 9mm is my favorite pistol. My only issue is that ejecting a full magazine is difficult. An empty magazine ejects no problem. I was told this is an issue, and that with use it get's better. Someone suggested oiling the spring on the magazine release button. Wondering if anyone has had this experience, and any potential solutions or ideas.
Thanks...
Load one rd down. You are likely swelling the mag fully loaded. Check all mags, some are worse than others.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Somewhere deep down I know you're probably approximating, but I really hope you've counted as exactly as that sentence sounds... :D
it is exact ... I maintain an excel file with one sheet to log reload data, one sheet to log shooting, one sheet to log purchases of reload supplies, equipment and occasional factory ammo ... from those it is simple to have sheets that calculate round count per gun, cost per round in all calibers, etc

Yea, I'm a bit anal about data ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts