Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little tec info. I am thinking of purchasing a beretta storm rifle (which uses the 92.96 style mags) I think I read here that these mags can be converted to be used in an XD. 1) is this true? 2) If so ,can you then use the converted mags back in the beretta storm rifle?

·
Registered
452 Posts
1) Yes, it is possible to convert a Beretta mag to work in an XD. I've never done it, try a search on the forum I believe there are instructions hanging around out there some where.

2) As I said I've never converted a Beretta mag but I think it would still be usable in the Storm. I believe the XD conversion is just cutting a hole for the mag catch on the front of the mag. I think Beretta's catch hole is in a different location so as long as its still there I would think it could work in both firearms after being modded.

·
Registered
24 Posts
j2fast said:
1) Yes, it is possible to convert a Beretta mag to work in an XD. I've never done it, try a search on the forum I believe there are instructions hanging around out there some where.
I'd still love to see a pic of someone modding an old Beretta 30-round mag and stuffing it into a subcompact XD. :p

·
Registered
452 Posts
jlseagull said:
j2fast said:
I'd still love to see a pic of someone modding an old Beretta 30-round mag and stuffing it into a subcompact XD. :p
I believe that ProMag is making a 30 rounder for the XD now, no mods needed.... :D Might be a little hard to conceal though..... :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
The mod 92/96 mags will work in the XD with a hole drilled for the mag catch. The only thing to watch for is if you slam one home in your XD, it may break your ejector because the Beretta mags are slightly longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts