Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a mag carrier for XD45 13-rounders for daily carry - single mag, OWB, leather or kydex.

It would replace a CompTac that I don't like.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
This is my recommendation based on quality plus price. I use these for my XDm40 and M&P 9 Pro.

KYTEX Shooting Gear

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, ETexPops. I can see from the photo that it addresses one of my two main beefs with the CompTac. And for the price, I won't feel bad if it doesn't work out. :cool:

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the long lag. ETexPops had it right. I got a Kytex mag holder today and it's awesome. I am a happy shooter.

- inexpensive ($16)
- doesn't slide around on my belt
- grips mag nice and snug, with no need for adjustment
- minimum bulk

I like Comp-Tac holsters, but their XD mag carriers suck.
- $28
- slides around on belt
- only grips about 1/4" of the flat part of an XD mag. The tighter you try to make it, the more it wants to spit your mag out like a watermelon seed
- thick and bulky

Thanks again, ETexPops!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Glad it works for you. Hadn't ordered from Brian in a while and didn't know he had gone up on his prices. Still cheaper than Ready Tactical and shops much quicker. Enjoy.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad it works for you. Hadn't ordered from Brian in a while and didn't know he had gone up on his prices. Still cheaper than Ready Tactical and shops much quicker. Enjoy.
The price must have just gone up. When I ordered mine 7/1, I paid 12.95. Double checked the website before posting today, and it was 15.95. Still a good deal.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After 16 months of daily use, my Kytex mag carrier broke. The clip snapped off right at the top of the bend where it folds over my belt. I had noticed it hanging up on the steering wheel as I turn to get out of my vehicle (I shoot lefty, so my spare magazine is on my right). I think that caused the extra strain that led to breakage.

I still like it for the reasons stated previously, so I'll probably replace it despite its short lifespan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts