Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere If i store the Ammo in the mag fully loaded it will damage the spring. So how much ammo should i put in the mag for a long term storage?
I have the XDm .40 so it comes with two 16 cap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Springs wear out by loading and unloading them. I would just load your mags and forget it, but that's just my opinion.:cool:

BMOHR1

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
What good is an unloaded magazine.:confused:

Keep them loaded, they shoot better that way. ;-)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I also wondered if it was a good idea to keep your mags loaded. After searching the web I found several posts where magazines loaded for 20-50 years shot flawlessly. So as Kent stated, "What good is an unloaded magazine.:confused:".

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also wondered if it was a good idea to keep your mags loaded. After searching the web I found several posts where magazines loaded for 20-50 years shot flawlessly. So as Kent stated, "What good is an unloaded magazine.:confused:".
i understand loaded gun is needed but i mean can i have a fully loaded my mag?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Yes, keep the mag fully loaded. As said, it's the compression/decompression cycles on the spring which wears the spring out and not because they are fully compressed.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Empty mags are worthless, keep them loaded. If you feel you must down load them by a couple of rounds, fine. You are not going to wear the springs out leaving them loaded.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Loaded magazines save lives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts