Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im super excited that I made sharpshooter in my first classifier today. I have only been shooting matches for a month and have only 2 under my belt so far. Today was my third match and my first chance to classify. So stoked right now.

******** width="425" height="349" src="YouTube - IDPA classifier - Stage 2.MOV" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Good deal ... that is always a fun match to shoot ...

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Good job on the classifier; congrats.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats, what division you in?

I shot my classifier this last saturday and was 3.14 sec out of sharpshooter in ESP. Pretty frustrating.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congrats!

Just a couple of suggestions. I realize you're new to the sport so these are just things I noticed that you may find helpful.

When you're firing Strong/Weak hand only, ball your opposite hand up and hold it across your chest. Left fist to right breast, right fist to left breast. That will tighten up your back muscles and give you a more stability when you fire.

Also when you've finished the stage you have a tendancy to drop your left arm loosely. IMO I always come back to a high ready position of retention when I finish firing. Train the way you want to react in real life. Come to the ready position, then pull/stow your magazine, and show the RSO a clear weapon.

Other than that it looks like you had a great time and you're certainly well on your way to that Master classification. =)

And PS - I really wish we could compete in SSP with our Springfields. It just doesn't seem fair that we have a higher bar to hit just because we shoot a different manufacturers pistol... but oh well. I usually beat the pants off of the SSP shooters anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Im super excited that I made sharpshooter in my first classifier today. I have only been shooting matches for a month and have only 2 under my belt so far. Today was my third match and my first chance to classify. So stoked right now.

******** width="425" height="349" src="YouTube - IDPA classifier - Stage 2.MOV" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Congrats. That is where I started as well in IDPA.
Pat

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats!

Just a couple of suggestions. I realize you're new to the sport so these are just things I noticed that you may find helpful.

When you're firing Strong/Weak hand only, ball your opposite hand up and hold it across your chest. Left fist to right breast, right fist to left breast. That will tighten up your back muscles and give you a more stability when you fire.

Also when you've finished the stage you have a tendancy to drop your left arm loosely. IMO I always come back to a high ready position of retention when I finish firing. Train the way you want to react in real life. Come to the ready position, then pull/stow your magazine, and show the RSO a clear weapon.

Other than that it looks like you had a great time and you're certainly well on your way to that Master classification. =)

And PS - I really wish we could compete in SSP with our Springfields. It just doesn't seem fair that we have a higher bar to hit just because we shoot a different manufacturers pistol... but oh well. I usually beat the pants off of the SSP shooters anyway.

Thanks man. Awesome info for me to think about and apply, I appreciate it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts