Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the dremel tool today to make my own XS type sights using factory sights.

Used a diamond bit to carve a vertical channel in the rear sight and a round bit to enlargen the from dot. Then used an acrylic white to color both and touch up the black with marker.

Looks and works great and saved a bunch of money!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pics! Show pics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are two pics of how the sights line up on target

a little scratching on the rear sight but covered it up with black marker. It works fine for me!!!! Really like the quick acquisition.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
And the night sight part of the XS Big Dot?
Not all XS sights are the "24/7"

Also note that XS sights have a "V" rear sight for SUPER fast sight acquisition.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Nice mod.

I used to keep XS Big Dots on my pistol, but I didn't like the loss of accuracy for longer shots.

I also don't like the tritium inserts in the 24/7's because they are hard as hell to use unless you spend just as much time in low light as you do in normal light.

During some low light training I was shooting either high or low with the damn things due to the fact that the tritium vials don't match up very well with the "white" on the sights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, its not slick but its cheap!! :wink:

I think I might do some more dremel work to create the V that leads the eye to the sight. What have I got to lose? I don't intend to sell the pistol and if push comes to shove, I can get a rear sight from Springfield :D .

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
kimo said:
Hey, its not slick but its cheap!! :wink:

I think I might do some more dremel work to create the V that leads the eye to the sight. What have I got to lose? I don't intend to sell the pistol and if push comes to shove, I can get a rear sight from Springfield :D .
Personally, I think you're fine. The v-notch isn't all it's cracked up to be.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice job to me. If it works for you, then that's all that counts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Personally I think it looks kinda cheesy, but hey if it works for you and you still hit the mark more power to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts