Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I went to Matt's Shooting Supplies shop (www.mattsshootingsupplies.com) and looked and felt the XD-9mm service model! Felt great, fit great, and is just what I think I'm looking for! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I looked at a couple Glocks, but they just didn't fit my hand as well etc. Plus I like the double safety the XD has!

I'll be going to get my lisence to carry probably this coming week and will be putting a down payment shortly there after!

I've got to say John at the shop was a great help and quoted me $440 or so. I thought that was a decent price since I went to Gander Mountain later on and was quoted $470..

Now after I get a few rounds through the gun, what are some of the quick and easy mods that I should look at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think you will be happy with your choice.. I certainly have been!

Mods? None. It was born ready. I havn't done a single thing to mine, and after 5,000 + rounds it functions flawlessly. (ok.. that's not entirely true.. I have made some cosmetic changes just to make it pretty.. but no mechanical changes.)

I will have to buy another guide rod eventually.. but so far, so good.

Raymond

·
Registered
885 Posts
Vtwin said:
I've got to say John at the shop was a great help and quoted me $440 or so. I thought that was a decent price since I went to Gander Mountain later on and was quoted $470.

Take the $440 price to Gander Mountain. If they can confirm the price...not only will they match the price, but they should apply the $30 difference to that price as well. That should bring the total sale price to $410. I know the Gander Mountain locations in Houston offer this "price match with difference" deal, your nearest location should too.

Good luck. The XD will not let you down.
As for mods...hold off on the aftermarket add-ons until you have at least 1000 rounds through it. You may find you don't need any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts